Primal Lengua Estofada
Hello, it's been a while since I have been in the forums. I could not pass up sharing this amazing morsel of food with my fellow Primals. Braised Beef Tongue
First pre-cook beef tongue in a large pot of slightly salted water and boil for 10 minutes. Then place it into a large bowl with ice water to cool it. This will allow you to peel the outer skin fairly easily.
Once you have it peeled, braise it in a cast iron pan with coconut or plam oil for a few minutes on each side. Then place it into crock-pot along with:
* 1 large white onion, cut into thick slices
* 2 yams, cubed
* 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
* 2 stalks of celery, chopped
* 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
* sea salt to taste
* 1 tsp thyme
* 2 bay leaves
* 4 tomatoes, boiled, peeled, and quartered
* 4 serrano peppers
* 1 bottle of red cooking wine
* 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
* 1 tbsp of coconut or virgin palm oil
Turn crock-pot on and let it cook until you get home from work and enjoy your dinner. We cooked ours on high for 6 hours, the meat was so tender that it was hard to cut into slices as shown above. Enjoy!
Would love to hear how some of you have made beef tongue in the past.
Tags for this Thread