saffronmama is offline Junior Member

Intro

Shop Now
    Your location: North Texas, USA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Very primal!

Do you consume dairy: No dairy, give me a horrid tummyache

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope to either

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of feeling sick all the time with headaches and stomachaches

Favorite exercise: So far, my favorite thing is sprinting

Favorite Primal food: I'm still fairly new and haven't found a favorite but the coconut milk ice cream is right up there

Best part about being Primal: The way I feel now!

Worst part about being Primal: People asking why you don't eat such and such or putting you down when you tell them what they are eating is bad for them.

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    welcome ! North Texas is a big ol' place, are you east or west? Sounds like you have all the basics incorporated already- Enjoy this site - it is full of smart, generous people - they have answered many of my questions and asked some good ones too!

sebzzz is offline Member
    Coconut milk ice cream is definitely addictive. Good luck on your primal journey!
    Get great paleo diet lifestyle tricks, recipes and cooking tips. My contribution to the paleo movement.

saffronmama is offline Junior Member
    I LOVE coconut Ice cream and yes, its very addictive. Though now Ive been primal for about 4 months. I eat no grains, no dairy and very very little sugar (a sprinkle on something every now and then). High in protein and fats, minimal veggies and fruits and only water to drink. I've lost NO weight and keep my carb count to about 30-40g a day. I follow a weekly plan on sprints, walking, lifting heavy things. My fasting glucose was 109 and went from 87 to 109 in 7 months and my cholesterol has gone from 199 to 227 in 7 months (4 of those months primal up until present) No weight loss though I have lost an inch off my chest, waist, hips and thighs. My doc tells me to eat more healthy and exercise more. How can I eat more healthy when I already do?? AND my blood pressure is high. Just so frustrating but I'm continuing to eat as such and exercise. Though I'll prob cut back on the fats and bacon.