Page 1 of 129 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist page

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member

The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is going to be a shared journal, as indicated by the title.
    Anyway, without further ado, let's get straight into it. Today's odd Primal experience is the discovery that our occasional treat, 70% Green & Black's dark chocolate, actually seems to have a pretty debilitating effect on us - slight headaches, crushing fatigue and bodily aches. I could have understood this more readily if it was a straight up shot of rubbish chocolate. Still, looks like this treat is out of the window.

Recent discovery number two is that at the age of 28, a few months after going Primal, I find myself having to shave twice a day for the first time in my life. Primal = Beardy.

Now I'm going to ignore the lingering effects of the traitorous dark chocolate and do some Taekwon-do training.

But first, today's VIDEO OF AWESOME.
    The legendary tricking god Jujimufu with a classic sampler from days gone by, entitled Thousand.
    What. A. Guy.
    Last edited by Primal Fist; 08-22-2010 at 07:48 AM.

localad is offline Senior Member
    According to that link G+B does contain milk and soya! and the 70% has 29 gm sugar/100gm.

Ask yourselves; is it the chocolate taste that is your treat...or the sweetness?!

(Lindt 99%, hits Mr and Mrs Localads choc button!)
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Thanks, I'll check for a good online supplier - our local shops only stock the Lindt up to (I think) 80%.

Had our weekly cheat meal last night with some family over for the evening: beef stew with rice and a bit of dipping bread, and a slice of toffee cake (each, naturally) brought by the visitors. I'll confess that the cake and cream was delicious. They also left us some Mingles, but we only had a few of them before binning the remainder.
    Aaaaand today we were back on with our Primal ways - including leftover beef stew with broccoli for dinner. Mmmmm.

I've definitely found, since going Primal, that I have a lot more energy for training and working out etc. I did about an hour and a half of TKD training, went for a run with Mrs Fist, and then did my 531 benching and squatting, and I still feel like I have some juice left over. I think if I ever met Mark, I would have to kiss his hand on bended knee!

And finally, this.

Mrs Fist is offline Member
    Felt good today despite copious amounts of rice/cake/chocolate/red wine consumed last night! In school this morning to prepare for next week, then came home and had a short run and boxing with Mr F. Was definitely ready for left overs. Problem with school is the large amounts of cake and biscuits that appear in the staff room, but have been strong so far!
    Running is getting easier each time, and taking the dog with me makes it much more fun

Our awesome farm shop receipt from today:

45 min fast paced walk with dog this morning (car to the garage). Had a look at fitday to check how many calories I'm eating (in particular carbs) on an average day and was quite surprised:
    carbs - 77g (13%)
    fat - 146.7 (57%)
    protein - 114g (20%)

(alcohol - 10% - mmmmm, red wine!)

Will keep tracking it to check levels over time - definitely ate more fat (cream in particular) than I do some days. Certainly enjoyed the pork and vegetables from yesterday's shopping trip. Pork chops for tea tonight with left over cauliflower - yum!

A couple of extra Primal observations: I can now stand in our local supermarket and stand right next to these, even looking at them deliberately, and I don't want to eat them. Brilliant. Also, grimly, I actually had to trim these a couple of days ago. Never had cause to do that before. Damn testosterone!

On a random note, I just consumed a fly into my skull via my eyeball. I'm a little worried that it will end up in my brain, and I will slowly become a fly-human hybrid.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post

The legendary tricking god Jujimufu with a classic sampler from days gone by, entitled Thousand.
    What. A. Guy.
    Agree, extremely awesome! (If I'd met this guy 30 years ago, I'd have been hitting on him big-time.

Roast butternut squash and minced beef and veg (bolognese without the spaghetti) for tea tonight. Upping the amount of starchy veg with tea due to a slightly 'off' stomach for the last few weeks. Might be down to two strong doses of antibiotics and steroids at the end of June to treat a chest infection. Taking probiotics now, and fingers crossed!
    Had a morning run with the dog again today - she's getting the hang of running beside me and even gives me a bit of a pull when she feels I'm falling behind My aim is to run the Manchester 10k next summer... so far I can run about 0.6 of a mile! But, I'm improving daily so I'm sure I can do it by next summer.

Page 1 of 129 1231151101 ... LastLast