Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist page 3

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Having a busy busy week of TKD training this week, especially an 8-10pm sparring session Friday with a sixth degree black belt - should be interesting! I'm relying on Primal foods to keep my energy levels and recovery good for all these.
    In a random TKD-related incident, I've managed to bleach the armpits of my uniform light blue, using only my sweat, since going Primal. It's an impressive trick, but I wish I could undo it somehow...
    Also, my main triumph at the moment is that I am no longer scared of having my top come open - as it tends to do - during sparring or kicking drills. I train with guys who are in very good shape, and I used to get anxious about them seeing my comparatively doughy top half. Now I just don't care. I even went in my normal clothes and changed at the dojang last night, which I never would have done before for fear of being 'discovered' mid-change! Seems kind of ridiculous now. Forgive me for having mainly TKD anecdotes. It's the main focus in my life besides my little wife&dog family.

I think it might only be a month or so now before I'd be ready to start considering an 'after' picture. This is very exciting for me.

P.S. My dog Betty has just let one go right by my feet, and good lord it stinks like nothing on earth. Wow.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    please try my pancake recipe - in the recipe board...they work perfect every time. Although you may want to leave the banana out like you said earlier?
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    please try my pancake recipe - in the recipe board...they work perfect every time. Although you may want to leave the banana out like you said earlier?
    Awesome, I'll get the chef on it tonight

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    here you go!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...anana-pancakes

very tasty, mmmm, making some tonight too - let me know how it goes. best to use a gentle heat i find that a blazing flame...
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Thanks very much!

'these are practically identical to a scottish favourite called "drop scones" or "scotch pancakes" - without the flour!'

This is my favourite sentence in the recipe. LOVE scotch pancakes. As does wifey.

Mrs Fist is offline Member
    Mmmm, they sound lovely! Will try them this weekend I think

Thank you!

I've been really surprised today at the stability of my energy levels away from the carbo-curse of my old way of eating. Today I did a fast until 1pm, so given that I work for the Royal Mail that's two hours of standing up and sorting mail at a frame, followed immediately by three and a half hours of cycling and walking with bags up to 16kg on my shoulder, all without having eaten since about seven the night before. I felt equally energetic at the end of my round as I did at the beginning - maybe even slightly more - which is nothing something I could have said before going Primal! I usually ended each working day with a stagger

Now I've realised that I haven't done any records of what I've been eating so today I consumed the following:
    1. fast until one pm
    2. Fairly hefty can of tuna in olive oil, dumped in a bowl, stirred and munched 'as is'.
    3. Shortly after, bowl of greek yoghurt (full fat, of course) mixed with a handful of blueberries and a little honey.
    4. A while after that, four eggs fried in LARD.
    5. I believe we're having chicken for dinner tonight - will probably be with salad as I have TKD training in the evening.
    Last edited by Primal Fist; 09-02-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Second IF in a row today, both working days. It's a very odd feeling - near the end of the round I start to feel weaker, and I can feel that I'm pretty damn hungry, but my legs never actually lose the energy to keep pedalling. Previously, when the energy from my high-carb 'meal' had worn off, I would actually have to stop and rest for a while because my energy sources were totally blocked off. Unbelievable the difference it makes. Mark Sisson, why weren't you born twenty years earlier??

Still, I'm glad that we found this place before hitting thirty.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Love the avatar btw!!!! Nice!

Thanks! Making avatars is something of a hobby of mine, I have to make a new one whenever I join a forum! And one for the wifey too, of course.

Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast