Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist page 2

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Go Mrs Fist!

Anyway, me:
    Just eating my post-Taekwon-do supper of four scrambled eggs, spring onions and some cheese, cooked in butter. Delish. Today's only niggle is that I landed from a jumping side kick (not me) and felt a stabbing pain in my left knee. Hoping fervently that it was just a tweak and nothing else comes of it.

Primal discovery #3428: Cutting out bananas will have a noticeable effect on a slowing weight loss trend. Thumbs up to no (or less) bananas!

Primal discovery #43201: herring is DELICIOUS. And CHEAP.

edit: and it LINGERS in the mouth for quite some time afterwards. And Mrs Fist COMPLAINS about the SMELL that permeates the HOUSE.
    Last edited by Primal Fist; 08-27-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Mrs Fist is offline Member
    No more herrings! The house stank all afternoon. Yuck. Think I'll make sure we have a plentiful tuna stock in the house instead.

Boxing today - found out that I'm better at the plank than I thought, but suck at burpees! Just kind of collapse somehow... Lots of fun though, although tiring.

Leftovers of last nights mince, cooked in the oven with broccoli and sprinkled with a topping of leek and cheese - mmmm crispy!

Bought more herrings anyway! Ha. I've done a lot of exercise today - had a long day at work (I'm a postie), went for a 3k run after that, then some bag work and breaking practice in the man-cave, then overhead press and deadlift on 531. We're eating with some friends tonight, at their house, and there will be non-Primal food there - we usually see them once a week and make that night our cheat meal, so I like to feel I've earned it.

Pancake disaster tonight! Tried making almond flour pancakes, but they were having none of it. Just turned to mush, couldn't flip them, and they stuck horribly to the pan. Oh well.... Ended up with just the blueberries and cream that were meant to accompany them.
    Gave in at 10pm and decided that it was time for some pork and leek sausages to make up for it yum!

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    I haven't even tried the almond flour yet. I would hate to waste it! LOL

Ok, some info on a kind of Primal conversion challenge I'm doing with my shark-in-law Megalodon (aka Pete, for ease of typing and indeed truth). We've done the City of Manchester 10k for the past couple of years, with Pete's brother David. David has been rather resistant to the whole Primal idea, despite Pete's tremendous success with it and his efforts to convert him. Now, last year, having lost a ton of weight and got a lot fitter thanks to going Primal, Pete cut about ten minutes off his previous 10k time, which impressed all of us, including David - though not quite enough to convert him.

The main thing with David is that he has always been a good runner. He's done various marathons in the past, and definitely has 'running genes' or just general athletic genes. In our first shared 10k I used him as my pace marker (unbeknownst to him) and I managed to finish a couple of minutes after him, going way beyond my limits and near-collapsing for a few minutes at the finish line. He was barely even sweating (and I'm not superfit, but there's no way I'd call myself out of shape). So his argument is something like 'if I can do so well without your weird diet, why should I bother?'

The counter-argument has been 'because you could do even better' and 'you could lose that steadily growing beer belly', but this hasn't worked so far, so the new plan is this: Pete and I have to seriously train for the City of Manchester 10k next year, continuing our Primal lifestyle - of course - and not only to we have to get close to David's time, we have to beat him. I'm 28, so although it'll be a strong point in our favour if I can beat him, the main thing is for Pete to do it, as he's 58 - a few years older than David - and has never been faster than him before.

So, any tips for 10k training programs would be greatly appreciated! I'll keep updating this with 10k info along with the usual stuff.

P.S. We may also be doing the Wilmslow half-marathon next year with David, but that's unconfirmed as of yet.

I still can't work out what went wrong with the pancakes. Will have to wait until my parents get back from Spain and ask my mum to make me some coconut ones instead (mmmmm).
    Quiet couple of days, but hoping to get out for a run with the dog later. Planning pork chops and roasted veg for tea

1.16 km today (still only a small distance, but improving each time!). Only need to do 9 more of those for the 10k next year......... Eeek.

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast