Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist page 11

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Broke my fast today with a small pot of (drinking) double cream, a couple of dark chocolate squares and roughly half a roast chicken. De-lish. Had a funny moment in Tesco (Sheba, if you're reading this, Green & Black's is on 2 for 3 ) when someone went past us with a trolley full of decidedly 'bad' food, and my instinctive thought was 'you're going to be fat and dead and have many health problems'. After my giggles had subsided - the vehemence of the thought rather took me by surprise - Wifey Fist reminded me that death was, in fact, quite a serious health problem in itself.

This guy should know - ain't noooooobody gets away from Donnie Yen.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    Broke my fast today with a small pot of (drinking) double cream, a couple of dark chocolate squares and roughly half a roast chicken. De-lish. Had a funny moment in Tesco (Sheba, if you're reading this, Green & Black's is on 2 for 3 ) when someone went past us with a trolley full of decidedly 'bad' food, and my instinctive thought was 'you're going to be fat and dead and have many health problems'. After my giggles had subsided - the vehemence of the thought rather took me by surprise - Wifey Fist reminded me that death was, in fact, quite a serious health problem in itself.

This guy should know - ain't noooooobody gets away from Donnie Yen.
    thanks for the tip. I went to asda this time - meat galore..!

the dude in the queue behind me was obviously a rugger player or something. quite nice physique. which he ruined by having sugary fruit juice, two tubs of pringles and 2 pizzas on the converyor belt!

ps ALDI has 85% chocolate for 1. but it has 22g of carbs per 100g, vs g&B which is 15g per 100

keep sharing!

x
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Mrs Fist is offline Member
    Just had to come on and write about the wonder that was dinner tonight...

I cooked the bargain belly pork tonight, along with sweet potatoes and carrots roast in the fat. As a last minute addition, I fried some sliced apple in butter, then added the pork fat.

Mmmmmmmm! What a delicious supper The pork was amazingly tasty, and the crackling super crispy and delicious. Ah!

Just saw a brilliant Mars bar advert - 'Mars, now with 45% less saturated fat than the top 25 chocolate brands! A Mars bar a day helps you work rest and play'.

Ha.

Over at the Shark-in-law Megalodon's deep sea lair today. Had some creamy carrot soup which was delicious, then did my Simplefit workout - though sadly my JML pullup bar doesn't fit their doors so I had to use the upstairs balcony, which has about two inches of finger-grip room and is a teensy bit more challenging on the gripping muscles. Overall though I'm already pleased with my pullup progress. Anyway, the workout was 16 strict pullups, 33 pushups and 33 squats, in order. The goal is to do this in under five minutes so I can advance to level 4 of the program. Last week my time was 18:24. Today's was.... 13:02! A massive improvement. That five minute mark doesn't seem so cosmically far away now...

Qualities of the Primal Ninja - an essay on awesome.

The standout qualities of the ninja are as follows:
    1. Killing. They do it lots, and they do it well.
    2. Killing.
    3. Stealth. Ninja (this is not a typo, Japanese has no plural) are one with the shadows and silent as the gravy.
    4. Looking great in all-black outfits.
    5. Killing.

Now, a lot of us follow Grok as our ideal. This is because a: he was around a long time ago and b: cavemen are kinda cool. Well, I've got news for you - ninja were around since before the 1600s, which by sheer vagueness makes it possible that they existed before cavemen, and also they are far cooler. So how can we emulate these ultimate Primal beings? (of course they were Primal; they make a living by killing things, and if anime was reality they'd also control various natural elements. Line drawn.)

Point one (and several others, because it is very important): KILLING. A ninja can kill you in a number of ways so vast and incalculable that even if Stephen Hawking built himself a cyborg body, conquered the world and recruited all of mankind to discover it, his brain would explode from the effort. Throwing is one of the essential Primal movements, and what better for throwing than a bunch of shuriken? Not to mention the strength involved in physically overpowering someone, should they be agile enough to evade your throwing weapons - squats and pullups are clearly the best tools to develop this ability. Finally, if you just stuck at being a caveman, you'd have to fight with one of these. I, on the other hand, have one of these - exactly this type as a matter of fact - on a stand in our house (this photo actually makes it look smaller than it is. I'll get a photo of mine when we're back home, because it's ace). I know what I'd rather use to fend off a burglar.*

Secondly, stealth. This one's pretty simple. Who makes less noise moving about, a lean person with well-trained stabiliser muscles or a 400lb person who can't see his feet? Not to mention that if you've just eaten a metric shit-ton of bread and pasta for your pre-killing meal, your farts are going to give you away a mile off. Next!

Looking good in black. Well, as Johnny from The Lean Saloon likes to point out, there's a degree of sartorial elegance that can only be achieved by the hanging of clothes on a lean body. And he's right.

So fear not, Primal ninja-wannabes. It's pretty simple. The Primal lifestyle and some Intermittent Fasting (and maybe some Random Capitalisation) will get you so lean that you can hardly hear yourself eat that wild boar you just killed with one fingernail. From your weaker hand. And strength training will improve your ability to choke the life out of that guy - what was his name? The dead guy. You know. And finally, get yourself some cool weaponry! A wooden club is just not cool, people. I have a staff, a bokken (wooden sword), my katana, my wakizashi (smaller sword), wooden nunchaku, graphite nunchaku, glow-stick nunchaku (oh yes) and a replica Luke Skywalker lightsaber. You know, the blue one from Episode IV.

It's time to go shopping.

*Anyone thinking of mentioning that the katana was actually used by the samurai class and not usually by the ninja should think twice and be quiet. Anyway, it's highly likely that in samurai vs. ninja skirmishes, katana (remember, no plurals) would have been dropped by the former and picked up by the latter as an opportunistic and violent means of expressing the irony inherent in life. Take note: in the hands of a ninja, even a rhetorical device can be a deadly weapon.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    <--- junior ninja.

how did you guys prepare the pork belly?

Aiiiiiight Meat-Ninja. I'll get the info from Wifey Fist when she returns home. In the mean-time check out this guy (nothing to do with pork).

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Mornin Mr & Mrs Fist! Happy Monday! Hope it is a kick butt day for you two!

Hey TFG (excuse my acronym), I certainly did a lot of kicking so hopefully that counts
    Meat of the 216 variety, W.F. had a long and mental working day yesterday (who'd be a teacher? I ask you) so she didn't get around to typing up the pork belly recipe, but she should get time tonight.

So, being the ultra-masculine Primal ninja that I am, I'm sat here in Wifey's pink dressing gown because my black one is upstairs... I can't believe it was 25 degrees here a week or so ago. It is FREEZING now. Relatively speaking. I tell you, if we have another winter like the last one I'm upping sticks and moving to Florida, house or no house. I'll just camp out in the woods behind Gatorland and emerge like a lost tourist each morning. Not a bad idea actually.

I was just looking through some photos from a couple of years ago, and damn my skin has cleared up since going primal. Especially my forehead, which as I spike my hair tends to get a bit of leftover hair gunk on it and was always a bit - well, not quite spotty, but not clear either. Having said that, I hope it won't ever be clear, I'd rather not be able to see into my own skull.

Anyway, I'm off to have my third mini-meal of the afternoon (fasting this morning): a four-egg omelette with a filling of crispy bacon. Oh yes.

Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast