Thread: primal help page

gdavis Guest

Shop Now

New to PB found it through Crossfit msg board and jumping into it with both feet Gonna order the book but till then few questions please. I'm a coffee junkie mostly in the am, used to add about 6 packets of the white stuff, is honey an ok sub or just maybe a couple packets of sugar in the raw? I Love eggs so what about quiche ok except the crust? O and bacon is ok if it's nitrate free? Thanks a ton PB'ers!

jpippenger Guest

Try stevia for now and work your way away from sugar. Mark uses real sugar, but only uses it minimally.

Eggs are awesome, go for the cage-free, organic eggs. More expensive, but a better ratio of omega-3.

Nitrate free bacon is also awesome.

pfair143 is offline Member

I used to need sugar in my coffee too. On one of my many eating plans I decided to drink it just black. No way in heck could I make myself drink the stuff. So I tried just the creamer (I know, I know), but it worked. I have since replaced that with coconut milk. My husband during this same time spooned sugar in his coffee like a kid let loose in the kitchen. The more the better. A spoon could have stood up in that cup. I finally talked him into trying just the cream for 3 days. If he couldn't do it, then ok. Guess what? Now he can't stand the sugar. Try it for 3 days , bet you will be surprised. Dare ya!

umuhk Guest

I hate to ask, but can you try better coffee with less sugar?

I never really liked coffee; I never saw the point -- it was bitter, nasty, and needed a bunch of sugar and "whitener" to be tolerable. Then I went on a business trip to Zürich, and had a Nespresso machine in my hotel room.

Oh. So that's what coffee is.

Once I was home, I located a local roaster (Tully's) that makes a great, rich, caramelly coffee, and I brew that one cup at a time in an AeroPress. One shot of that and a little cream and I'm happy. Not bitter in the least, and I enjoy the flavour a lot more.

gdavis Guest

Well I guess I have been a fan of the darker the better variety of coffee. That being said if I can locate something that, like you say isn't bitter, than heck I'll do it. It's an addiction!

umuhk Guest

Argh...looks like the forum mangled my links, and it's too late to fix them. If you want to follow the links in my earlier post, you''ll have to remove the "%22" from the end of each of them.

The Tully's coffee I recommend would be either the Espresso, Italian, or Sumatra. Anything roasted deep but not too dark. The beans should smell like dark chocolate.