Thread: Nauseous from protein shakes and/or coconut milk page

Just4ME is offline Senior Member

Nauseous from protein shakes and/or coconut milk

Shop Now
    I've seen this addressed before. Is it possible that this is from the air incorporated into the shakes?

I think so. My shakes have that bubbly, whipped appearance. I belch a lot after ingestion and get really nauseous after having one.

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that is the same with me. I'm now trying it with coconut flakes and water instead of coconut milk and it isn't as thick.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to try that. Also, I think I just jumped in and was using entirely too much coconut milk at one time. My system isn't used to it.

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezerinno View Post
    Yeah that is the same with me. I'm now trying it with coconut flakes and water instead of coconut milk and it isn't as thick.
    Same problems here...let them sit for a minute or two before drinking...a lot of the air bubbles dissipate.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what the cause is/was, but when I started with morning smoothies - whey protein, fruit, greens - they were really slow to digest at first. The slowest was one with coconut as well - a few sips sat like concrete in my stomach for hours and hours. Ugh.

Fast forward a month or so - no problems any more. I even added creamed coconut this morning; still no problems. Maybe start slow/ small and with water rather than coconut anything?

I do drink them slowly, and chew any bits of green that aren't quite blended, so I probably don't swallow as much air as if I gulped the whole thing down at once.

sebzzz is offline Member
    It takes time for some people to tolerate coconut oil or milk. It's a different type of saturated fat, medium-chain fatty acid, that our bodies metabolize in a totally different way. Just go slow with it.
    Get great paleo diet lifestyle tricks, recipes and cooking tips. My contribution to the paleo movement.