Thread: Apparently to much Omega 3's Rant page

TrevtheEngg is offline Junior Member

Apparently to much Omega 3's Rant

Shop Now
    The Doctor asked my what supplements my wife was taking at her last appt on Thursday. She is currently on all the good stuff recommended here and I think that it is helping lots. She mentioned that she was taking about 5grams of Omega 3's ( 6 pills ). His response: " thats way to much omega 3's to be taking in one day. LOL are you kidding me. Talk about losing all respect for someone. He then said that she needed to take more Omega 6's. What is with these Doctors. Do they not do current research at all. Maybe I'm just being a dick, I don't think so.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowtongue!!"

Started my PB Journey April 15th 2010
    Stats: 6', 258 lbs
    Total weight lost: 30 lbs
    Current weight: 228 lbs
    Goal 200 lbs

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Re-assess your goals... 175 maybe??? More Cowtongue!
    And ya, some doctors and almost everyone else have weird idea's about what's healthy,or at least a lack of understanding about what's unhealthy.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    What Omega 3 she takes that gives 5 grams in 5 pills?

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    I get a fish oil supplement from Lindberg Nutrition that's 952 mg total omega 3 per gelcap (1360 mg total each). They're big suckers, but it's nice not having to take a million and I think the liquid is nasty.

TrevtheEngg is offline Junior Member
    Its the triple strength omega 3 from Costco. Webers Natural containing over 900mg per pill. It's an excellent value I think.

Just a side note for slowcooker. I've calculated my Lean muscle mass at around 175 pounds. So at 13% body fat, my weight should be around 200. I'm around 183cm and am shaped like a barrel. I hoping to put picks up soon at around 220lbs. I just took some a 235lb and unfortunately I didn't take any at 260lbs. Anyway, thanks for replying.
    Last edited by TrevtheEngg; 08-21-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: additional info
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowtongue!!"

Started my PB Journey April 15th 2010
    Stats: 6', 258 lbs
    Total weight lost: 30 lbs
    Current weight: 228 lbs
    Goal 200 lbs