Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: bit of a problem... page

  1. #1
    FergalJennings's Avatar
    FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    133

    bit of a problem...

    Primal Fuel
    Since being sick a few weeks ago..i've been told to eat more cause i was underweight..(6ft5 @ under 170lbs!) and I measured everything out..and counted calories....
    Though i have a bit of a fear with this eating more plan...
    Since i started the PB + crossfit i've came from 16 stone to 12 odd stone..and im afraid i'll go back to what i was! mind games for me!

    Im not allowed to measure out what I'm eating nor use the scales to check my weight...

    Heres what my daily intake is like at the moment without the measuring:

    B: (if i eat it) 3-4 eggs and/or bacon with some veggies or berries
    L: big salad or stirfry..usually 2 chicken breasts or other large amount of meat..what ever i can get my hands on..as for the salad its well over 100g of mixed leaves..tomatoes..onion..peppers..radish..celery and dressed in olive oil and a viniger of some sort! or i eat almost a head of cauliflower with cabbage and leeks.
    D: Fish mainly or other meat with steamed asparagus and broccoli..or a stirfry..

    it changes up from now and then but i usually add coconut milk and other fats were i can..

    no nuts, no diary cause they make me sick!

    thanks for the help in advance..=]

  2. #2
    Daemonized's Avatar
    Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    2,253
    My advice would be to workout more with heavier weights if you want to gain weight (as in muscle mass), not to necessarily eat more except that you'll need protein to support your muscle growth. Eating lots of healthy things is meant to keep you healthy and the fat off while it's lifting heaving things that will add good LBM.

  3. #3
    Bushrat's Avatar
    Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,685
    Don't crossfit. You cannot gain weight cross fitting. Switch to a weight lifting program and eat like mad.

  4. #4
    Joe B's Avatar
    Joe B is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    My advice would be to workout more with heavier weights if you want to gain weight (as in muscle mass), not to necessarily eat more except that you'll need protein to support your muscle growth. Eating lots of healthy things is meant to keep you healthy and the fat off while it's lifting heaving things that will add good LBM.
    ??? You need to eat more to put on weight. You can lift all of the weight in the world and not gain an ounce if you don't eat enough.

    +1 to what Bushrat said, although you can gain weight crossfitting (just a function of how much you eat), more of it will be fat than if you did a weightlifting program. Look into either Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5, both are solid programs, although I favor Starting Strength more.

  5. #5
    Bushrat's Avatar
    Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    ??? You need to eat more to put on weight. You can lift all of the weight in the world and not gain an ounce if you don't eat enough.

    +1 to what Bushrat said, although you can gain weight crossfitting (just a function of how much you eat), more of it will be fat than if you did a weightlifting program. Look into either Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5, both are solid programs, although I favor Starting Strength more.
    Joe, I tried adding weight while doing Cross fight. I put on ~ 3 kg and then nothing. You will get stronger and gain some muscle, but not very much, and definitely not anything compared to what you could gain on a weight lifting program.

  6. #6
    Rivvin's Avatar
    Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Don't crossfit. You cannot gain weight cross fitting. Switch to a weight lifting program and eat like mad.
    do NOT listen to this, hahahahahahaha

  7. #7
    FergalJennings's Avatar
    FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    133
    Im going to stick to crossfit but im gonna start some strong lifts too..i've seen guys get huge from doin crossfit though..and they eat paleo/primal..i guess its just finding the sweet spot!

    Rivvin do you crossfit? how to you manage with eating?

  8. #8
    Rivvin's Avatar
    Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,874
    I crossfit 5x a week right now and have been for a few years. I was sitting at about 150lbs and decided I wanted to get bigger and over the past few months I've put on about 15 pounds of muscle. Pretty much did it by increasing my calories which meant I did my best to keep my ratios at 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carbs and staying between 2500 - 3000 calories daily.

    The only change I made workout wise was that I ensured that at least twice a week the WoDs included some good weight movements. On Monday I might do a WoD like:
    @ 95lbs
    1 burpee, 1 push press
    2 burpee, 2 push press
    3 burpee, 3 push press
    ... until failure

    and then thursday or friday do something like
    30 ring dips
    40 KB swings (53lb)
    40 box jumps
    30 deadlifts 2/3rd body weight

    I'm stronger, bigger, and leaner and it was all through crossfit. Most likely some lifters will come in here and try to shit on me, but for some reason people have this ridiculous misconception that crossfit = small muscles. Watch the 2010 games... those guys are beasts.

  9. #9
    StoneAgeQueen's Avatar
    StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,218
    Hey Fergal You could try eating a bit more carbs, such as bananas and sweet potatoes.

    Fiona
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

  10. #10
    FergalJennings's Avatar
    FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I crossfit 5x a week right now and have been for a few years. I was sitting at about 150lbs and decided I wanted to get bigger and over the past few months I've put on about 15 pounds of muscle. Pretty much did it by increasing my calories which meant I did my best to keep my ratios at 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carbs and staying between 2500 - 3000 calories daily.

    The only change I made workout wise was that I ensured that at least twice a week the WoDs included some good weight movements. On Monday I might do a WoD like:
    @ 95lbs
    1 burpee, 1 push press
    2 burpee, 2 push press
    3 burpee, 3 push press
    ... until failure

    and then thursday or friday do something like
    30 ring dips
    40 KB swings (53lb)
    40 box jumps
    30 deadlifts 2/3rd body weight

    I'm stronger, bigger, and leaner and it was all through crossfit. Most likely some lifters will come in here and try to shit on me, but for some reason people have this ridiculous misconception that crossfit = small muscles. Watch the 2010 games... those guys are beasts.
    that sounds like what i really need to do..crossfit was for droppin the pounds at the start but ive got that much into it i want to compete! though my times are great ive found that they are starting to drop cause of this...im gonna add some lifts and more food..think thats the way to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •