Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Pressure

Cool Blood Pressure

Shop Now
    Hello everyone, I have a question about BP. I have been taking BP meds for high BP for the last 5-6 yrs. I started eating primal 20 days ago. Today I gave blood and the red cross nurse took my bp and it was 102/58. I was shocked! Can the change in diet have that much of an affect so quickly? I know you all aren't doctors but I was wondering if any one else has experienced this? Ultimately I want to rid myself of all my meds if possible. I was just really shocked! I have a physical next week anyway but I'm curious. Thanks, Anthony

Yes, it can. You've lowered your insulin levels, and that's what causes high blood pressure, is hyperinsulinemia. Congratulations!
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Mine dropped from 170/110 down to 125/78 in a couple months, with no medication. It's definitely possible.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

my partner's dropped as well. her bottom number use to be over 100 at times. now it's normal no medication!
    i will maintain the truth
    i knew naturally as a child
    i won't forfeit my creativity
    to a world that's all laid out for me
    i'll look at everything around me
    and i will vow to bear in mind
    that all of this was just someone's idea
    it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

Yep. Worked for me too

Also, if you're eating low carb primal and weren't eating low carb previously, there's an immediate diuretic effect--and that will lower BP, too.

I was on a "healthy" CW diet before, with good BP of around 120/80. Now, on PB, I am around 106/70. So, for those of us that are already considered in the healthy range, it can get even better.

I'm down from 198 / 120 to around 145/ 90.

Blood work and blood sugar all are very good. But I can't seem to get down into a nice safe normal range. The Dr. is thinking of Beta Blockers to act on the fight / flight response.

As a side note a previous Dr. put me on high blood pressure pills at the age of 24. (30 years ago). After a couple of months I was off them only because I learned to quit worrying about things I can't control.

I'm open to any suggestions that I may try before taking the BB's.

Yup

Similar experience here. Bp has always been 135/75. After starting a primal lifestyle, down to 102/68.

Shop Now
    Unfortunately I am struggling with my blood pressure. Before going on the primal blueprint my blood pressure was 209/110. I took a blood pressure measurement every single day for the first few months of being on the primal blueprint and I managed to get it below 120/80 for two or three days.

Unfortunately I'm back up again. Although not nearly as bad. My last measurement was 140/90. I believe that I might be hyper-sensitive to sodium. I'm really struggling with it, but I'm not taking any medication. I have given up measuring it every day because it is so frustrating not being able to get it down.