Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blood Pressure page 5

French Margaret is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would advise you to buy a crockpot/slow cooker. It's hard to mess up, and you can cook enough for several meals if you freeze portions. Cooking isn't hard - following a recipe isn't difficult - if you can use a computer you can follow a recipe.

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I was thinking more about this tonight. And I might be wrong about the sodium and me being sensitive to it. I think the problem might be that I am eating grain fed meat.

Initially I was able to get my BP down to almost normal levels, and now it is back up again. I made several changes in my eating habits which might have caused the reversal in my blood pressure.

I started eating chorizo and bacon from another store with my breakfasts. At first I thought it was the sodium levels in the meats I was eating, but after a slap to the forehead this evening I came to the conclusion that it was the fact I was buying meat from the other store which has grain-fed meat.

I think the answer is obvious to me now. I don't know why I didn't realize it before. I'm going to start eating grass fed meat from now on to see if my theory is correct.
    In the mean time while you are hypothesizing, experimenting, and trying to figure it out, you may want to consider telling your family, friends, and neighbors to keep an eye out on you and that if you suddenly become unable to communicate with them for some strange reason that you are likely having a stroke and need to get to the hospital immediately.
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Grok is offline Senior Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Asturian View Post
    In the mean time while you are hypothesizing, experimenting, and trying to figure it out, you may want to consider telling your family, friends, and neighbors to keep an eye out on you and that if you suddenly become unable to communicate with them for some strange reason that you are likely having a stroke and need to get to the hospital immediately.
    I don't think I'm that bad off. I'm using a portable monitor now, and the readings I'm getting from it are much lower than the readings I get at the pharmacy's machine. For instance, I just took my first reading this morning and it was 116/72.

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    I'm down from 198 / 120 to around 145/ 90.

Blood work and blood sugar all are very good. But I can't seem to get down into a nice safe normal range. The Dr. is thinking of Beta Blockers to act on the fight / flight response.

As a side note a previous Dr. put me on high blood pressure pills at the age of 24. (30 years ago). After a couple of months I was off them only because I learned to quit worrying about things I can't control.

I'm open to any suggestions that I may try before taking the BB's.
    In addition to diet, I think exercise is key to controlling these items. I know it helps in my case...

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I don't think I'm that bad off. I'm using a portable monitor now, and the readings I'm getting from it are much lower than the readings I get at the pharmacy's machine. For instance, I just took my first reading this morning and it was 116/72.

Well that makes a big difference. I guess that pharmacy is doing their best to sell BP meds eh?

Congrats on solving your issue.
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturian View Post
    Well that makes a big difference. I guess that pharmacy is doing their best to sell BP meds eh?

Congrats on solving your issue.
    I don't know if it's necessarily solved. I'm just saying I think the grain fed beef is my main suspect right now. I'm going to be eating only grass-fed beef during the 30-day primal challenge. Today I picked up a 1 1/2" thick grass-fed rib-eye. My latest reading was 132/57 which was taken after walking to the store and back and then munching on a liver pate and an avocado.

davidtx is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been on BP meds for many years. Before PB, I was running 130/87-ish with spikes up towards 140. After 6 weeks of PB, dropped weight from 235 to 210 and was plagued by dizzy spells. Finally checked BP and it was 90/59. I've been off the meds for a few days and it looks like I'm leveling off around around 117/70 (Hooray!!!).

I made it down to this weight (Weight Watchers and no exercise) a couple of years ago, but my BP was nowhere near this low. I'm glad to have found this thread, I was wondering what was different.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345