Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Pressure page 2

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Can I just say I'm incredibly impressed by the results that I'm seeing for you guys? Because I am, its astounding to see how much your bp has dropped since going primal.
    On the other hand, my bp has always been low(90/50 some days). I wonder what will happen with mine? Maybe it will normalize?
    Calm the f**k down.

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    Been working wunnerful for me too.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Unfortunately I am struggling with my blood pressure. Before going on the primal blueprint my blood pressure was 209/110. I took a blood pressure measurement every single day for the first few months of being on the primal blueprint and I managed to get it below 120/80 for two or three days.

Unfortunately I'm back up again. Although not nearly as bad. My last measurement was 140/90. I believe that I might be hyper-sensitive to sodium. I'm really struggling with it, but I'm not taking any medication. I have given up measuring it every day because it is so frustrating not being able to get it down.
    Good progress. How much canned food do you eat?

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lojasmo View Post
    Good progress. How much canned food do you eat?
    Only canned tuna or sardines. I do tend to snack a lot however. I will always go for food which I don't have to cook because I'm lazy, I hate cooking, I'm no good at cooking, and I don't know how to cook, and the food I cook tastes bad. I like snacking on Lara Bars and Greek yogurt. Had some olives last week, until I noticed that 1 single olive has tons of sodium. I eat out at least once a week, but I try to be as primal as possible. I will also buy a cooked chicken or pre-seasoned meat at the store because I don't know how to do it myself. I've also stopped with the grain fed meat because it's way too expensive. And I never eat organic fruits/vegetables. Also way too expensive.
    Last edited by Grok; 08-21-2010 at 10:54 PM.

AnthonyU is offline Member

Cool

Only canned tuna or sardines. I do tend to snack a lot however. I will always go for food which I don't have to cook because I'm lazy, I hate cooking, I'm no good at cooking, and I don't know how to cook, and the food I cook tastes bad. I like snacking on Lara Bars and Greek yogurt. Had some olives last week, until I noticed that 1 single olive has tons of sodium. I eat out at least once a week, but I try to be as primal as possible. I will also buy a cooked chicken or pre-seasoned meat at the store because I don't know how to do it myself. I've also stopped with the grain fed meat because it's way too expensive. And I never eat organic fruits/vegetables. Also way too expensive.
    Up to now I've eaten no canned food. It has been all meat, fresh organic veggies, fruit, eggs, raw nuts, and maybe a little too much dark chocolate, 85% cocoa. We have found ourselves spending the same amount of money weekly on these foods than we were spending on the processed crap. So we are happpy with that. My only complaint right now is that I'm not impressed withy trader joe's veggies, especially their broccoli. Will have to try the local stands and the regular grocery store again for oranic. I don't mind cooking so that helps me.

john b is offline Junior Member
    my average has been about 140/87 but i get spiked readings of 160/100 everyday....no matter what i eat, what supplements i take i cant break the cycle of spikes, i also get very healthy readings of 120/75 everyday also.........no matter the stress or relaxation that i'm experiencing it seems like for no apparent reason my bp takes off......i eat no processed foods at all so salt doesn't seem to be an issue..........walking /exercising always brings it down pretty well....its very confusing/frustrating to me because i can't get to root cause any ideas?

Unfortunately I am struggling with my blood pressure. Before going on the primal blueprint my blood pressure was 209/110. I took a blood pressure measurement every single day for the first few months of being on the primal blueprint and I managed to get it below 120/80 for two or three days.

Unfortunately I'm back up again. Although not nearly as bad. My last measurement was 140/90. I believe that I might be hyper-sensitive to sodium. I'm really struggling with it, but I'm not taking any medication. I have given up measuring it every day because it is so frustrating not being able to get it down.
    Sodium-Sensitivity is a bit of a CW myth and very rare but it is a quick test at the doc so have it done next time you go in for blood work/physical. And excuse me getting on my soap-box but as a chiropractor I consistently see patients with HBP on multiple drugs and without fail their blood pressure drops and they give me there meds for my testimonial wall! I will def be preaching the PB lifestyle to my patients and how it will work hand in hand with my adjustments to get them well and keep them well. If your interested I can probably find you a good doc no matter where you are.

Here is a link to the article on the study on webmd...
    http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...blood-pressure

Here is a link with all of the mutliple studies...
    http://www.chiro.org/research/ABSTRA...Pressure.shtml

and a link to the video from the GMA exclusive the did a while back (sorry about the olive garden commercial! lol)
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/118939...lood_pressure/

Vick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    my average has been about 140/87 but i get spiked readings of 160/100 everyday....no matter what i eat, what supplements i take i cant break the cycle of spikes, i also get very healthy readings of 120/75 everyday also.........no matter the stress or relaxation that i'm experiencing it seems like for no apparent reason my bp takes off......i eat no processed foods at all so salt doesn't seem to be an issue..........walking /exercising always brings it down pretty well....its very confusing/frustrating to me because i can't get to root cause any ideas?
    This sounds like me. Higher activity got my diastolic down under 80 a couple of times, but it is hard to keep the activity up. I'm thinking of trying some passion flower.

http://www.herbal-supplement-resourc...on-flower.html

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Blood pressure tends to respond to the sodium potassium balance. Most people try to control sodium (which is good), but additionally adding potassium rich foods will be even better, especially if you eliminated some potassium items in switching to primal, good sources: tomatoes, avocados, summer squash, brussels sprouts, romaine lettuce.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoldstein View Post
    Blood pressure tends to respond to the sodium potassium balance. Most people try to control sodium (which is good), but additionally adding potassium rich foods will be even better, especially if you eliminated some potassium items in switching to primal, good sources: tomatoes, avocados, summer squash, brussels sprouts, romaine lettuce.
    +982345

Also, the magnesium/calcium balance. Magnesium is something almost everyone needs to supplement - we get enough - and often far too much Calcium. Up the magnesium.

Magnesium threads:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d=1#post186902
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...031#post150031

See my sig line links for potassium information - as well as krispin.com/potassium

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast