Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo approved page

Tadas is offline Member

Paleo approved

Just wanted to share this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVrp5...eature=related

Don't know what to make of it yet...

ericfoster3 is offline Senior Member
    At their website www.paleoApproved.com it looks like they are selling the right to use their logo on food packaging (if it meets their strict paleo guidelines).

Interesting concept.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Is it really that difficult for people to educate themselves enough to be able to shop in a grocery store properly with the help of stickers? This kind of thing drives me nuts.

polyclef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    Is it really that difficult for people to educate themselves enough to be able to shop in a grocery store properly with the help of stickers? This kind of thing drives me nuts.
    This Post is 100% Andy Approved!

But on a completely 100% Purely Serious note, relying on a label is not always the best idea. Take the "Organic" label. So many things these days are label "Organic". For instance, at the local farmers market here EVERY item has a cardboard card with the price and of course the word "Organic" hand written on the card? Is it really? There are some very strict regulation programs that do have very specific guidelines, but with terms such as "Organic" or "Paleo" you have no way of really knowing without education. IMHO you are better off educating yourself.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, I'd say knowing something is "paleo" is pretty simple compared to "organic". Just being able to correctly identify a food as being in its most basic form (and not a grain/bean) goes a long way to identifying paleo-ness, after all.

Sure, we ALSO want our meat to be grass-fed, but I'd say that meat is inherently paleo regardless. I mean, it's not like it's a bag of Donettes.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

okay the "organic" analogy is not that great.

But you point out the problem perfectly. Through education you can look at a product, read the ingredients and know immediately if it is Paleo. If you rely on packaging, marketing, and labeling pretty soon there will be all kinds of products marked as Paleo (that is if there is money to be made) and who is to say they really are? The only way to know is to look at the ingredients. If you are not educated on what is Paleo then you might not be able to tell.

I just looked at a bag of these Multi Grain Wheat Thins my wife has and the front of the package makes them look healthy (in a non paleo way of course), but reading the ingredients these things will kill you

maddie427 is offline Senior Member
    I can't blame them for jumping on this business opportunity. Paleo/Primal lifestyles are growing by leaps and bounds, and given how we label everything else, Green, Organic, etc., it was only a matter of time.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    If you are reading a package with a list of ingredients then it probably isnt paleo. Why would I need a sticker??

Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    If you are reading a package with a list of ingredients then it probably isnt paleo. Why would I need a sticker??
    I think you are on to something there, MightyAl.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    aWESOME!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast