Thread: Ketosis breath page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I tend to be in ketosis like 3 or 4 days a week, and I love it. But every time it happens, my g/f comments about my breath. She says it's not bad, but that it smells like a gas stove turned on but before ignition.

And I think "what the hell?, isn't it supposed to smell like apples?? Oh well..."

Anyone experiencing something similar?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Clint is offline Senior Member

Yeah. I go in ketosis when I IF. I work with my sister and she can tell when I'm in ketosis when I talk to her. She just says my breath smells "sweet".

Everyone is different I suppose.

Popa Murph Guest

I love ketosis but I've never had the sweet breath. My breath actually gets better or less noticeable when I keto but not sweet in anyway.

Sometimes after a hard workout my sweat does smell like acetone. Seems like if I stay alkaline this doesn't happen though.

maba is offline Senior Member

How do you know when you're in ketosis? When you say you love ketosis, other than the accelerated weight-loss, do you feel anything different? My carb intake is under 100, usually around 70 or so. Some days it's under 50. How can I tell when I'm in ketosis? I have a sweet taste in my mouth sometimes - is that ketosis?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

You can buy Keto-sticks, I think they are called.

The way I figure it, if I'm losing fat stores, I"m in ketosis. I certainly have been experiencing the benefits of it for several months now.