Thread: Gates Foundation "Challenges in Global Health" grant funding for innovative projects page

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member

Gates Foundation "Challenges in Global Health" grant funding for innovative projects

For those who are "big thinkers" and scientifically-inclined, I thought I would post this link, which presents the current Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's "Grand Challenges in Global Health" grant competition. What's so exciting is that their foundation specifically funds risky, innovative ideas, as opposed to safer, predictable proposals, which typically get funded by government.

http://www.grandchallenges.org/Explo...tructions.aspx

The topics to be funded for the current round are:
    * Design New Approaches to Cure HIV Infection;
    * Create the Next Generation of Sanitation Technologies;
    * The Poliovirus Endgame: Create Ways to Accelerate, Sustain and Monitor Eradication;
    * Create Low-Cost Cell Phone-Based Applications for Priority Health Conditions;
    * Create New Technologies to Improve the Health of Mothers and Newborns.

My schedule is too busy at the present time, but it would be neat to band together with some likeminded primals in the future, to collaborate on such a project. For example, one could think of some potentially neat cell phone-based applications for their areas of priority focus:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/globa.../overview.aspx

"Our work in infectious diseases focuses on developing ways to fight and prevent enteric and diarrheal diseases, HIV/AIDS, malaria, pneumonia, tuberculosis, and neglected and other infectious diseases.

We also work on integrated health solutions for family planning, nutrition, maternal, neonatal and child health, tobacco control and vaccine-preventable diseases."

Nutrition, hmm...

Update: D'oh! I apologize that I didn't read the full instructions until after I created this thread... grants are open to "both foreign and domestic non-profit organizations, for-profit companies, international organizations, government agencies and academic institutions. Grants will not be provided to individuals." Sorry about getting anyone's hopes up... but I guess it's not *too* hard to create your own for-profit small business, if you are really intent on applying for one of these grants...
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 08-19-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    For those who are "big thinkers" and scientifically-inclined, I thought I would post this link, which presents the current Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's "Grand Challenges in Global Health" grant competition. What's so exciting is that their foundation specifically funds risky, innovative ideas, as opposed to safer, predictable proposals, which typically get funded by government.

http://www.grandchallenges.org/Explo...tructions.aspx

The topics to be funded for the current round are:
    * Design New Approaches to Cure HIV Infection;
    * Create the Next Generation of Sanitation Technologies;
    * The Poliovirus Endgame: Create Ways to Accelerate, Sustain and Monitor Eradication;
    * Create Low-Cost Cell Phone-Based Applications for Priority Health Conditions;
    * Create New Technologies to Improve the Health of Mothers and Newborns.

My schedule is too busy at the present time, but it would be neat to band together with some likeminded primals in the future, to collaborate on such a project. For example, one could think of some potentially neat cell phone-based applications for their areas of priority focus:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/globa.../overview.aspx

"Our work in infectious diseases focuses on developing ways to fight and prevent enteric and diarrheal diseases, HIV/AIDS, malaria, pneumonia, tuberculosis, and neglected and other infectious diseases.

We also work on integrated health solutions for family planning, nutrition, maternal, neonatal and child health, tobacco control and vaccine-preventable diseases."

Nutrition, hmm...

Update: D'oh! I apologize that I didn't read the full instructions until after I created this thread... grants are open to "both foreign and domestic non-profit organizations, for-profit companies, international organizations, government agencies and academic institutions. Grants will not be provided to individuals." Sorry about getting anyone's hopes up... but I guess it's not *too* hard to create your own for-profit small business, if you are really intent on applying for one of these grants...
    My interest is definitely piqued. When I can spare the time I may take a look at it.