Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: F*$# Cancer - I will not be a statistic page 4

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    September has arrived and we will soon be faced with the anniversary of mom's death. Oh how I wish she were still here today! my wife and I were finally successful in keeping a pregnancy going after years of miscarrying after 5-7 weeks. Our daughter will arrive in mid-October. Its been a tough year of holidays and family gatherings sans mom. The hardest was a few weeks ago, on what would have been she and dad's 50th wedding anniversary. It is also my wife and my anniversary. For 17 years I have called to wish them a happy anniversary on the same day as mine but this year that call was incredibly difficult.

I've tried my best to keep it together and work on being a better person and the man my mom raised me to be. My health went to HELL when she died, due mostly to the incredible drinking binge I was on while she was in hospice and afterwards for a while too. My psoriasis broke out line it had not in 35 years. I was about 40% covered in plaques and they were very itchy. It took two rounds of rather strong steroids to knock it back down. I've bounced back and the psoriasis is in check without the use of meds once again.

Decided to do the Whole 30 for September, its a lot harder than I thought. I am rather fixated on food right now but each day is a victory. I made a little lifestyle scorecard checklist for every day. Each thing on the list that is good for me and has a positive score associated with it, those things i might do that are not as good for me have a negative score. I shoot to try to beat the previous days score each day. Brushing my teeth and flossing are + items, sauces and condiments are - items. Taking my Vitamin D is a + item, etc....

Life's about to get really interesting!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    September has arrived and we will soon be faced with the anniversary of mom's death. Oh how I wish she were still here today! my wife and I were finally successful in keeping a pregnancy going after years of miscarrying after 5-7 weeks. Our daughter will arrive in mid-October. Its been a tough year of holidays and family gatherings sans mom. The hardest was a few weeks ago, on what would have been she and dad's 50th wedding anniversary. It is also my wife and my anniversary. For 17 years I have called to wish them a happy anniversary on the same day as mine but this year that call was incredibly difficult.

I've tried my best to keep it together and work on being a better person and the man my mom raised me to be. My health went to HELL when she died, due mostly to the incredible drinking binge I was on while she was in hospice and afterwards for a while too. My psoriasis broke out line it had not in 35 years. I was about 40% covered in plaques and they were very itchy. It took two rounds of rather strong steroids to knock it back down. I've bounced back and the psoriasis is in check without the use of meds once again.

Decided to do the Whole 30 for September, its a lot harder than I thought. I am rather fixated on food right now but each day is a victory. I made a little lifestyle scorecard checklist for every day. Each thing on the list that is good for me and has a positive score associated with it, those things i might do that are not as good for me have a negative score. I shoot to try to beat the previous days score each day. Brushing my teeth and flossing are + items, sauces and condiments are - items. Taking my Vitamin D is a + item, etc....

Life's about to get really interesting!
    That one year anniversary is just hell. No one warns you how bad it will be. It was like, wow - it's been a whole year and I am still in so much pain. I was shocked and really knocked down by it.

I know it is a cliche, but it will get better. It took me about 3 years to feel normal again, but it started getting better somewhere in the second year. It's been over ten years since my mom passed, and while I still miss her and wish she was here, that physical, overwhelming, insanely painful grief is gone.

So hang in there. Congratulations on the new baby on the way. Those babies have a way of bringing joy back in to the family after a major loss.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234