Thread: Nutrition and Sun Protection page

KECKO is offline Junior Member

Nutrition and Sun Protection

Shop Now
    I read this article relating to nutrition and sun protective nature of the Mediterranean Diet. I think it supplements ideas on the sun protective nature of the Primal Diet. The importance of colorful fruits and vegetables. Emphasis on omega-3 in the diet. To quote the article, "the effects of dietary aspects characteristic of the Mediterranean diet on the incidence of cutaneous melanoma, a protective effect was found for the following key features: weekly consumption of fish and shellfish (including fish rich in n-3 PUFAs), daily drinking of tea, high intakes of vegetables (particularly carrots and cruciferous and leafy vegetables) and fruits (particular citrus), high intakes of carotenoids, and low alcohol consumption.

The link to the article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.ezpro...64.x/full#b117

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Good. I hope I am covered with the fish oil I take, and the veggies I eat. I love carrots, and those are a regular part of my diet.

Primal Dave is offline Member
    I've been working as a contractor here in Baghdad for about 3 years now. Since going primal, I haven't had a single sunburn, and I no longer wear sunscreen...we had a softtball doubleheader a few Sundays ago - one at noon, one at 1pm. Shorts, TShirt, hat, sunglasses, sneakers - no sunscreen. 3 hours in the sun, with no sunscreen, and no sunburn. Temp that day - 117 degrees Farenheit. GROK ON!
    “Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or your work, all you have to do is change your mind.” Unknown

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I eat almost 100% primal, and I got sunburned on Saturday while floating around in the pool. I was out there for about an hour, and it was over 100 degrees, so it was expected. For me, PB does not protect my skin.

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    The higher amounts of fat I eat, the less I burn.