Thread: BPA and health (from the Avoid Poisons department) page

slacker is offline Senior Member

BPA and health (from the Avoid Poisons department)

Primal Fuel
    BPA, which is present in the plastic that lines metal cans, store receipts and other industrial age materials, increases heart risk at parts per million levels.

"http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/elevated-amount-of-bpa-can-increase-cardiac-risk-by-45-study-finds/article1428929/"

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Or it could be that those with the highest levels in their urine are those drinking the most soda and eating the most processed food. Just saying. I hate epidemiology for this reason. That's not to say that I'm still not avoiding BPA and not to say that nobody should be warned but it is an obfuscation to attempt to implicate anything yet.

“The study itself does not establish a cause-and-effect relationship between BPA exposure and heart disease,”
    Right. My worry is that somebody will think to themselves "BPA increases heart disease risk by this much and if I cut it all out I drop my risk by this much!" And then they just drink their soda from glass bottles and get their junk food in BPA free packaging. There are totally people who will do that and they cost me money in healthcare tax dollars.

Hey I wonder if any hippie sites like naturalnews gave the same skeptical criticism. I would bet my good stabbing knife that they didn't.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I recently discovered that the sardines I usually buy (and I'm guessing most in general) come in aluminum cans (as opposed to stainless steel) and so they are BPA-free!