Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 'Financial" Primal Blueprint page 2

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I haven't had a credit card in years. I have a debit card that can be accepted like a credit card, but it debits from my account. I wouldn't touch credit again with a ten-foot pole.
    +1 --- Same as Griff i use a debit card,best way to keep a rein on your money and resist temptation to purhase stuff that is not really necessary.

primal dream is offline Junior Member
    I'm a Dave Ramseyite too. I've been through the debt free journey, saved my emergency fund, saved for a downpayment on a house.

Since my FICO score isn't great because I've not used credit for a while, I found a bank that does manual underwriting. When I told them I was debt free, had money in the bank plus a healthy down payment, they couldn't wait to give me a mortgage.

It really does go with the primal lifestyle.
    This stuff really works.

Roo
    Roo is offline Member
    Whenever I have relatives or friends who are getting married or moving in together I give them my little sermon -- live on one salary, save the 2nd salary. We paid cash for our house, have only ever paid cash for our cars, and when we decided we were ready to start a family and I would be home full time, we knew we could easily live on one income because that's all we've ever done. And yep, people think we're crazy.

rozska is offline Senior Member
    For buying stuff online, I use a virtual credit card number. (Discover card offers them, so do a few Visa companies.) It's a one-time number. If it gets hacked, they can't get at your accounts. This is one of the reasons why I have a credit card. I strongly suggest that if you buy stuff online use a card that gives you virtual numbers.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Acmebike is offline Member
    +1 for Dave Ramsey. He gets "churchy" a bit, but not preachy about it. But no debt is a Primal idea whose time has come!

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    This is so funny... OMG I love it!

I learned about Dave Ramsey and Primal within about a 5 week timeframe of eachother. There are 2 women who were very influencial in my life at that particular time and one exposed me to MDA and PB and the other DR... then we swapped... I exposed the DR chick to PB and the other friend to DR... and now the three of us have 3 things in common. These are my fellow terpers and I LOVE them... I miss them tons.

DR hasn't helped me get out of debt yet... but he has given me the tools I need to get there. I have an entire blog dedicated to the way I choose to live which is involving the three most important books I have read: Primal Blueprint, Total Money Makeover and The Secret... with these tools I am an entirely new person.

<3 Great thread! I love DR! I also Love PB... Interesting how like-minds continuously amaze me...

Manda
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Dave Ramsey totally changed my life.

Man, I could write a book about him/this, but I'll leave it at that.

Today I am living like no one else so that later I can live like no one else (in Paris!).

P.S.
    I am paying CASH for school and CASH for my wedding/honeymoon.

Cash is king. Debt is dumb.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 08-20-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Mike.Preston@live.com is offline Junior Member
    I didn't know what to expect when I started this post. I thought the two (PB and DR) kind of go together, but its very encouraging to see a lot of other people making that connection, either intentionally or just through the desire to simply life.

GROK ON!

jackaaron is offline Member
    I feel like I could never, ever, ever, ever, ever get out of debt. And, you know what my only debt problem is?

Student loans.

Not credit cards, or other loans. Everything outside of Student Loans is paid. I just can't pay these because they are absolutely staggering in size.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    The I AM Presence is the source of my life, I shall not want. Put God first and all things shall be added unto you, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast