Thread: Love my coworkers page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Love my coworkers

Primal Fuel
    I have a coworker who brings in leftovers most mornings. Chorizo con huevos, smoked meat, carne guisada, carne asada.... This woman is awesome.
    At any given occasion people bring food (birthdays, etc), someone brings fruit and chocolate or a veggie platter. That is awesome as well.
    Not so awesome? The person who puts the homemade pastries next to the smoked meat. I avoided the pastries, but it took much will power and reminding myself of the consequences.
    At any rate, my coworkers pro tem are usually pretty awesome in the free food category.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    You are lucky! Free food in my office generally consists of bagels, doughnuts, pizza, cupcakes, chocolate and every other dessert you can imagine. But I'm genuinely uninterested in it anymore! And that feeling alone is worth all the efforts... especially when everyone in the office is hunched over in pain, crashing from sugar and heading (running) to the bathroom
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    My bosses broke out the beer this afternoon. Last year, I'd have thought that was heaven. Now... I had one this afternoon and it's a real effort for me to stop there.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    Wow you're lucky naiadknight!

On a daily basis I'm astonished at how ubiquitous wheat is in our culture. That damned stuff is everywhere. My daughter is doing 'food tech' at school - so far they've learned to cook crepes and muffins. *sigh*

FWIW Piscator, I find low carb apple cider a reasonable substitute for beer, if you don't mind the lighter flavour (DH prefers 'heavy' beer and isn't a fan). I find I can't overindulge but one or two will be okay. maybe you could stash some for such occasions?

I usually get a little snarky with people who whine about how they fall off the wagon and stuff themselves with crap, but there are days when I get so, so very tired of continually having to exercise 'won't power'!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    You are lucky. We have a snack room where I work full of candy and sugary drinks. All free, all you can eat. It really sucks big time.

yelena is offline Member
    Today's free food at my office was cheese. Mmmm, cheese. Far better than the pastries we sometimes get.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodini View Post
    You are lucky! Free food in my office generally consists of bagels, doughnuts, pizza, cupcakes, chocolate and every other dessert you can imagine. But I'm genuinely uninterested in it anymore! And that feeling alone is worth all the efforts... especially when everyone in the office is hunched over in pain, crashing from sugar and heading (running) to the bathroom
    This is my work too. My motivation is that of the 150 or so people I work with, 75 are probably obese (not exaggerating), another 50 are overweight, and 15 are soft. There's maybe 10 of us with any level of fitness. Puts a serious damper on building that company softball team (disbanded years ago due to lack of interest). Sigh...

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    FWIW Piscator, I find low carb apple cider a reasonable substitute for beer, if you don't mind the lighter flavour (DH prefers 'heavy' beer and isn't a fan). I find I can't overindulge but one or two will be okay. maybe you could stash some for such occasions?
    Thanks geekgrrl, but I'm with your DH on this one. Beer should be brown or black. I did manage to stop at one on Tuesday.

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    wow....was expecting a different post filled with sarcasm here on this one....since as everyone else noted....my office is typically full of cookies, cakes, pastries, soda (we have a fridge stocked with it).... our firm once stated how much the "common area foods" cost on a per person basis....I asked the managing partner for my check....got a crack of a smile...but no $...haha

a couple of us have thrown ideas to try and get the office a bit more fit and healthy....but there are those that are happy with their sugar and sweets.