Thread: Awesome lunch from MDA Blog! page

biggrizzly is offline Junior Member

Awesome lunch from MDA Blog!

Primal Fuel
    I'm pretty new here and been sticking to the plan as good as I can. Last night I made some of the Shrimp Grok-omole from the recipe that was posted on Mark's blog a few days ago. We had some last night and I saved a bit more for lunch today. I grilled up a large chicken breast that I cut into fillets. This has got to be one of the best lunches I have made in a while!!

TinaC is offline Senior Member
    That looks really good.

annie is offline Senior Member
    that picture looks luscious!

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    that picture looks luscious!
    Yeah! It was pretty good! I'm sad there is no more! You should try it, it's really great.

greek_girl is offline Member
    biggrizzly that looks much juicier than the original post. What did you use for dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by greek_girl View Post
    biggrizzly that looks much juicier than the original post. What did you use for dressing?
    greek_girl -- I cut all of the ingrediants in half as I didn't want to have too much left over. Now I wish I had made the whole amount. But anyway I also increased the amount of lime juice (well because I love lime juice) and my tomatoes may have been a little juicier too. The avacodos were also very ripe, so all this lent itself to a more creamier consistency. It beats the old fashioned mayonaise shrimp salads, and it went well with both chicken and steak, or it can be eaten as a main dish. Also, I think I could have cut back a little on the fresh cilantro as it was very strong, and I needed a tinch more jalepeno. But overall it was great and I'll be mixing up another batch one of these days again when the shrimp goes on sale again.

greek_girl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biggrizzly View Post
    greek_girl -- I cut all of the ingrediants in half as I didn't want to have too much left over. Now I wish I had made the whole amount. But anyway I also increased the amount of lime juice (well because I love lime juice) and my tomatoes may have been a little juicier too. The avacodos were also very ripe, so all this lent itself to a more creamier consistency. It beats the old fashioned mayonaise shrimp salads, and it went well with both chicken and steak, or it can be eaten as a main dish. Also, I think I could have cut back a little on the fresh cilantro as it was very strong, and I needed a tinch more jalepeno. But overall it was great and I'll be mixing up another batch one of these days again when the shrimp goes on sale again.
    That sounds really good - I think Mark Scisson should use your picture instead because it wasn't until I saw yours that I wanted to prepare this dish!