Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast of Champions page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

Breakfast of Champions

Shop Now
    This morning I had leftover chicken and vegetable soup with a clove of fresh pressed garlic in the bowl accompanied by a 1/3 of a banan smeared with almond butter. Yummy!

It occurred to me though, as my primal husband gagged over my breakfast (he can only eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast, he had scrambled eggs w/ salsa and yogurt with strawberries on top), that primal people seem to be more willing to not eat breakfast foods for breakfast. I mean, my husband and his daughter think things like pizza, chicken soup, or heck any leftover really, is disgusting in the a.m. By lunch, they are ready to consider it.

I was raised to eat leftovers for breakfast, so that could explain my tolerance for fish and garlic first thing in the morning :P What about ya'll? Did you grow accustomed to eating "dinner" dishes in the a.m. because of primal, or before you were primal?

Athena is offline Senior Member
    I really cant stomach anything non-breakfast for breakfast. My go-to breakfast is bowl of berries + nuts and seeds or eggs and bacon. If I cant have either of those two, I just dont eat breakfast. I was raised on typical SAD breakfast foods (usually toast or sugary cereal)

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I often eat non breakfast foods for breakfast, and think I've always been this way. North americans seem to be more interested in sugary weirdness for breakfast than other places I've found.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    This thread was titled "Breakfast of Champions" so natural I assumed there would be discussion of baby eating. Or at least fetus eating.

*sigh*

Abortion, it's what's for Breakfast.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I'll eat anything at breakfast that isn't tied down. This morning it was a burger with some stir-fried broccoli and crookneck squash. (Picked fresh from the garden.

mattpenney89 is offline Junior Member
    I don't really think of foods as "breakfast foods" or "non-breakfast foods." I'll eat eggs at any time of the day, or steak in the morning. Leftovers for breakfast is a pretty standard go-to for me. I also live in residence when I'm at university which means if I eat breakfast after 10:30 am there's no more "breakfast food". It bothers some people but doesn't really matter to me. Although not being able to have bacon whenever I want is sometimes a drag.
    Results:
    Jan 2010 : 268lbs, 35+% BF
    Aug 2010: 176lbs, ~18% BF

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    If steak with sauteed onions, and mushrooms isn't a breakfast food, then breakfast can go to hell!

...eggs, and bacon for dinner/lunch is a regular feature around this Star Destroyer.

rozska is offline Senior Member
    I had half a pork chop for breakfast today, with some zucchini fried in butter and garlic. Yum.

I started eating non-breakfast foods for breakfast when I was in China -- there was the most wonderful chicken soup like porridge I had there. And rice balls wrapped around sausage.

Now, it's all just food -- not assigned to any particular time of the day.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    I like my Saturday moring breakfast the most. I throw down a whole 1 lb package of bacon on a 14" skillet and slow cook it on low heat for about 30 minutes then serve it up with a large chopped avocado and some pico-de-gallo relish. Then I go work out in the yard and fast for the rest of the day.
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I had an HB egg and the remainder of a turkey leg for breakfast.
    Need I say more?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast