Page 1 of 239 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal page

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member

Exclamation COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Well, here is the start of my new journal as the title seemed a bit more fitting so to speak. After being diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes just barely 2 weeks ago and being a Twinkie hound (41 years old, 278 lbs at 6' 2") I embarked on doing what I needed to do to get back in shape and lead a healthier life.

That is when I found Mark's Daily Apple and his Primal Blueprint. Well, I must say.... it was a hell of an inspiration and when I jumped on these forums for the first time, there were a great many people that were not only welcoming, but fantastic in the sharing of information, suggestions and guidance. Absolutely amazing way to start.

Now, I have done the whole Weight Watchers thing.... what inevitably happened.... I watched my weight grow.

Being a Purple Heart Vet (Operation Desert Storm) came with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) came with addition "baggage" as well which has contributed to the weight gain as well. Needless to say, I am still in shock at how much weight had been gained in the last almost 20 years. I had gained a whopping 90 lbs! That is just ridiculous!

So, for the last almost 2 weeks, I have gone Primal. When I told my wifey about it, she laughed and asked, "You're not going to start running around in a loin cloth now are you?" I gave her an playful smile and said, "Not yet, but I soon will be!" So hence, the Countdown To Loin Cloth started!

Yes, I mean that literally! I want to get to a point when I can wear the fashion of Tarzan and look good doing it! hahaha And yes, I will embarrass myself and post up the Before, During and After pics to show the drastic change thanks to the Primal Blueprint!

I know it will take time but it will be a fun goal none the less.

When I got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes just over 2 weeks ago, my blood sugar numbers were in the mid to high 200's DAILY. Since going Primal, my blood sugar numbers had steadily dropped and through this past weekend and today have dropped and maintained at a mere 96!!!!!! Not to mention the size of my gut dropped by almost HALF!!! Also, I have dropped just over 10 lbs and have kept it off!

I will post up some before and during pics within this next week or so.

I have been blown away by the results and I am one of the world's biggest (but getting smaller) skeptics on stuff like this. However, looks like Mark has something here and it is working!

So, the goal is to be able to sport a loin cloth within 1 year of going Primal. Who knows, maybe it will happen before then!!!!

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH: 353

Wink

HEIGHT: 6' 2"

START WEIGHT: 278 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 268 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 195 lbs

MEDICAL ISSUES:

TYPE 2 Diabetes, Over Weight (DUH! LOL), PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), Sleep Apnea, Severe Insomnia

Blood Sugar Level (Start): 230-250

Blood Sugar Level (Current): 96

Blood Sugar Level (Goal Range): 80-90

BREAKFAST:

Left over Chicken Marsala, Grilled Zucchini & Yellow Squash, 2 Sunny Side Up Eggs, Mrs Dash, & a sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper. Plenty of water with a touch of Stevia.

LUNCH: Homemade Beef Patty with Bleu Cheese, Primal Ketchup & Curry Powder. Small mixed greens salad with Dijon, onion and tomato and of course.... lots of water!!

DINNER: Oven Roasted Chicken with Garlic, Black Pepper and Oregano served with Steamed then Broiled (for charring) Brussel Sprouts with Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Cracked Pepper.

SNACKS: Raw Sunflower Seeds and Flax Seeds, Raw Carrots

SUPPLEMENTS: 2400mg Fish Oil Capsules

ACTIVITIES:

Building a portable pull-up bar set up, cleaning garage/carport, tending to my new Primal Garden. Morning walk with son.

Primal Wall Pushups (50)

Primal Wall Squats: (50)

Primal Walk: (2 miles)

MOOD:

Damn good mood today. Just from the get go, today has started off on the right foot and it feels good to NOT be lethargic and drained.

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH: 353 DAYS
    Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 08-17-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Heh, last summer wearing a loincloth was my goal, too. I wish they were legitimate fashion. I like my quads too much to keep them hidden beneath shorts. Good luck!

Hahahaha That is awesome Primalchild! Thanks for the support and remember, a new trend in fashion starts with just one person! Have ya not seen Lady Gaga? hahahahaha We will start the new trend! LOL Good luck to you as well!

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH: 353 DAYS

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Nice work on the first 10lbs. Keep at it!

Read up, I do believe that there are several folks around here who have successfully managed their diabetes using low carb/primal.

I do not wish to encourage loin cloth fashion.... however good luck to you sir.

Thanks DarthFriendly! Think of all the color options and print styles for loin cloths hahahaha soooo many possibilities! haha

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    awesome blood sugar numbers! You should send these to the ADA.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Not to mention the size of my gut dropped by almost HALF
    Doesn't it feel amazing?!!!!

Can't wait for the day you post those After pictures ... tactfully, of course.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

rozska is offline Senior Member
    *waves* Good to see you're continuing with PB! Also -- awesome results. I also approve of men in loin cloths. And kilts. Best of luck with everything!
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the support everyone! Yeah, the ADA is going to get bombarded with my updates on my numbers. On September 2st I have my next appointment with the VA...... I want to throw my doc off big time when I go in for my blood work and weight! LOL Oh yeah..... loin cloths and definitely kilts! I used to joust in armor for about 6 1/2 seasons..... would have been interesting to do it in a kilt! hahaha

I feel absolutely amazing today!

Oh and as far as tactful pics hahahaha oh without a doubt!

Page 1 of 239 1231151101 ... LastLast