HEIGHT: 6' 2"

START WEIGHT: 278 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 256 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 195 lbs

PRIMAL START DATE: 6 August 2010

WEIGHT LOST TO DATE: 23 Lbs

TOTAL DAYS BEING PRIMAL: 33

MEDICAL ISSUES:

Just REVERSED my TYPE 2 Diabetes as of 1 September 2010!, Over Weight (But getting healthier & skinnier!), PTSD (But it is getting A LOT better), Sleep Apnea (Subsiding!)

Blood Sugar Level (Start): 230-250

Blood Sugar Level (Current): 95

Blood Sugar Level (Goal Range): 80-95

Blood Pressure: 118/77

Pulse Rate (Relaxed): 62

BREAKFAST:

3 Over Easy Farm Fresh Eggs, 4 Pork Ribs and a Red Leaf Salad with Dijon Mustard & Crushed Walnuts

LUNCH: Today’s Lunch Menu is Cumin Ground Beef Stuffed Yellow Squash, My Favorite Salad (Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil, Bacon sprinkled with crushed roasted Almonds.

DINNER: Tonight’s Dinner Menu is: TBA

SNACKS: Today My snackages are going to be baby carrots….. I LOVE EM!

SUPPLEMENTS: 3600mg Fish Oil

ACTIVITIES:

Going on a "gathering" walk to the local store.

Grok Hang – I plan to do this for 2 minutes and do it 3 times throughout the day
    50 Wall Push-ups (Varying Arm Positions) - 3 times throughout the day
    50 Grok Presses - 3 times throughout the day
    50 Squats - 3 times throughout the day
    Plank – for as long as I can hold it 3 times throughout the day
    Note: I will also be adding ANY activities/exercises thrown in by Primal Challenge!

MOOD:

Fan-friggin-tastic! I am up at 6am and having an incredible day so far! NOTHING nor NO ONE will bring me down! I will get a lot accomplished and am finding wonderful things that make each moment of this day so far even that much better!

1. EAT LOTS OF PLANTS

Yellow Squash, Tomatoes & Carrots!…….. How can you go wrong there?!!!! DAMN GOOD!

MOVE AROUND AT A SLOW PACE

Easy! I have to find my keys to my Jeep which I misplaced last night when we got home! Hahaha The Beastie Boys said it best, “Let It Flow, Let Yourself Go, SLOW & LOW, That is the Tempo!”

3. LIFT HEAVY THINGS

I have to find my missing keys to my Jeep, then it is time to pre-pack it for this weekend’s event so there will be a lot of moving and loading heavy items!

4. RUN FAST EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE

Plan on at least 3 Grok Sprints today…. Gotta keep those T-Rexs off my Grok butt!! LOL

5. GET LOTS OF SLEEP

Got about 7 hours of sleep last night and feel absolutely refreshed!!!!!

6. PLAY

Today I am going to find time to just goof off, be active and have fun…… I find it important to take the time throughout my busy day to be “a kid” and play!

7. GET SOME SUNLIGHT EVERYDAY
    I will be in and out of the sun today and when I do…. I will be shirtless and in shorts! Woohoo! LOL

8. AVOID TRAUMA

Without a doubt!!!!

9. AVOID POISONOUS THINGS

Not a Problem and Doing It without hesitation or deviation!

10. USE YOUR MIND

LI love being creative and I get to use my mind a lot today working on creative missions for this weekend’s event!

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

PRIMAL CHALLENGE STARTS TODAY!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT:

The day throws many obstacles our way….. but we are PRIMAL and therefore CAN NOT be defeated! We are resilient and strong to the end!

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH: 332 DAYS

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Another pound lost over the weekend!!!!! That makes 23 lbs in 33 days! So, now that a big chunk of the weight has come off initially, my body will start to slow down with losing and will transition to losing at good pace. The goal will be to keep my body from hitting a plateau... I will thwart it by changing things up daily so it won't know what to do other than keep losing fat and getting healthier! So,I set a Primal Challenge goal to lose at LEAST 15 lbs over the next 30 days........ first pound of that goal is gone and nine more to go!!!

hiker is offline Senior Member
    WTG - TFG. Sounds like a Groktasktic weekend. Congrats on the weight loss as well. With your workouts you should be getting some definition.

Hiker
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!" - You bet, I stole it!

Date: 9/14/11
    Current Weight: 151.2
    Inches: 360.25
    Body Fat %: 32.7

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    grok on!
    you're doin great!

Thanks!!!

Hhmmmm I did the Today's Challenge and posted up in the comments section but it shows that my comment is waiting moderation or something like that.... I hope they post it up! I posted up on Facebook, Twitter, emailed friends, family and even got some family members and friends to commit for the next 30 days! I also posted up a Primal board on my business forums! Woot!

rozska is offline Senior Member
    w00t! I hope you have a grok-tastic day. I worked out at the gym this AM -- intense interval workout with my trainer for 30 minutes. Gave me such a better attitude for the rest of the day. Well, that, and coming to read your journal. (^_^)
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I've been following your journal and enjoying it immensely, I love your attitude and the changes you've made are amazing. I use you as an example when telling friends and family about Primal eating and what it can do for your body Just wondering if you could possibly on your first post add page numbers of significant posts, like your followup pics, maybe the one where you get back from your Dr 25 days into the diet. I can't remember where all of them are and looking thru 50+ pages might be a little overwhelming for a newcomer I'd love for some overweight friends to see how well Primal works and how fast!

Awesome! Thanks! Sure, I will post up the pages..... the one with my before and during pics is page 3 and the one from my VA doctor... the outcome of my blood work and Diabetes reversible is on page 34!

Thanks again for the encouragement and glad my story can help others!