Page 41 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal page 41

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
    Well..... now that the weekend is coming to an end...... another paintball event done and was spot on with my primal eating all weekend.... I want to see if maybe, just maybe I lost another pound or so. I know at times despite eating well, we don't always loose the massive weight if any right off the bat. However..... it all about Grokitude..... that is my personal attitude... Grok style.

The fat didn't just sneak up me over night.... it took years. So, I am not expecting it to come off over night either. But Mark's approach, and wonderful information within the paper folds of Primal Blueprint and the results in which I have obtained in less than one month's time........ well, it has given me my new found Grokitude.

When I step on that scale around 5am tomorrow morning........ I will see a change..... I will see the change not just in the numbers on the scale, but I will look in the mirror...... not afraid to look at the image that will stand before me..... the shell that hides the true Grok within.

The scale is not an enemy but an additional tool.... it can be a pal of sorts. A pal will tell you what you NEED to hear, not necessarily what you want to hear. When you see the scale showing you a higher number than what you want, it is trying to tell you, "hey! what you are doing is off track...get back on it!" When it shows you a lower number then it is telling you, "Congrats! You're on track! Keep it up!"

Remember, it doesn't have to be about pounds..... it can even be about ounces lost.... a dress size, a body measurement, a smaller pant/shirt size...... it can even be that you feel better today than you did yesterday or that you have more energy. It can even be someone doing a double take at you, a simple smile, a compliment on how you look...... those are ALL victories in this struggle to regain our primal self.

We are ALL in the same boat..... we all have the same destination.... the inner grok or grokette being released and brought to the surface. It WILL happen.

We all got where we are at over weight wise because of who knows what...... we all have transformed those things that hurt us, let us down, betrayed us, angered us or countless of other things..... the baggage that has manifested itself into obesity no matter how simple or severe. But from my own primal experience these past 3 weeks I have learned to tell myself, "It is OK to let those things go....... We no longer have to carry them. It is time for them to be let go..... so we can seize life!"

I know you all do not know me...... to many I am just a guy that posts stuff up on a public forum. You are right..... I am just a guy. A guy who by the Grace of God stumbled across the book that taught me in order to be part of the future, I had to look to the past. Finding Primal Blueprint is not some thrown together book with a bunch of over the top marketing hype. It is a book with a very old message set for a modern word. You do not have to give up who you are or go through some big sacrifice.

The sacrifice is not the sugars, the carbs, the sodas, pastas or breads...... the sacrifice is when you look in the mirror and tell yourself it is ok to let go of all that brought you the point of obesity and heartache and that it is OK to live again. To live HAPPIER & HEALTHIER and damn to ANYONE that tells you otherwise.

I am not a spokesperson, I am not a paid advertiser...... I am just a man going through the same as you. If you find yourself struggling.... here take my hand or the hand of any other grok or grokette.... we will walk with you through this journey and we will celebrate each victory with you..... NEVER DOUBT THAT! Through thick and thin..... victories or set backs... we are part of a tribe.... and we WILL look after each other because that is what Groks and Grokettes do!
    Well said my friend.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Kev!

It is amazing on all that you can lose (weight wise, depression, stress, etc) when you move past all that weighs you down... going from where I was 27 days ago at my heaviest to where I am today (shown in the pic above taken today).... you can move mountains!

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Well done! You look fantastic
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Thanks Victoria! BTW, I sent a friend request on FB... it will come from the initials CA

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
    Thanks Victoria! BTW, I sent a friend request on FB... it will come from the initials CA
    Got it and accepted
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    <hot flash>
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    You did say you'd be returning to Lebanon, OR in October for another paintball tournament, right??

If so, I think you need to come a little father northwest and split a few coconuts for me. That is if I can find them. You see with my CP, holding the knife like you demonstrate is next to impossible.

BTW, I'm IMPRESSED with your results so far. They just add to the reasons why you need to migrate this way. My family needs lessons on how to control their BGL. They refuse to listen to ME.

Yes, in October we will be back up there for our event. Where are you located and if my schedule permits, maybe we can get up there if it is not too far out. Would love to meet fellow Groks/Grokettes and their families!

I would love locally (here in Northern California) and where ever I can to meet other Primal tribe members. In fact, I think I might have a Primal Tribe Firepit BBQ once a month and invite any and all Groks and Grokettes that can make it!!

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm in Keizer, OR-- just off I-5. about 45 miles/50 minutes northwest of Lebanon.