Page 3 of 239 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal page 3

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
    Got it fixed! Thanks Velocity!
    No problem. Great setup by the way... if I had the tools at my disposal I'd probably look into building some fitness stuff on my own as well. Of course, there is some stuff that can be done without tools (like large 20-liter bottles, or similar, to use for farmer's walks) and I may consider that stuff.

The DIY thing is definitely a good investment -- costs much less than a gym membership in most cases (especially taking into account transportation), and lasts a lot longer too!
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Well, I had my first set of DURING pics taken this morning. NO ONE likes posting pics of themselves when they are shaped unpleasantly... and honestly... people can feel a bit vulnerable and almost too open. However, I think sharing the transformation as it happens and SEEING the results may help others to feel comfortable and give them hope and motivation for themselves. So, here in just a few, I will post up my before pics taken August 6th and the first set of during pics (the 2 week mark)..... just don't be grossed out and the flabulousness that is me! hahaha

Ok, so I am VERY reluctant to post these because I remember what shaped I used to be in (10+ years ago) and seeing what I had become is very.... well... you know.... not something I like. HOWEVER, as you will see in the before pic then the first set of DURING pics, there is a drastic change and it can only get better.

The first pics taken at the start of going Primal on 6 August 2010. The second pics were taken this morning, 18 August 2010.... just a mere 12 days into being Primal.

So, with much embarrassment and nervousness..... here I was and here I am as of right now.....

Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 08-18-2010 at 01:32 PM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Wow! How's that gut feel?! You weren't kidding! Kudos on your bravery. I've been refusing to let anyone take any pictures of me at all in the last year or two. I finally got up the guts to let dh take some for 'Before' status, but I don't think I'll be posting them till I take the 'After' shots. Way to go!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

HEIGHT: 6' 2"

START WEIGHT: 278 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 263 lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 195 lbs

PRIMAL START DATE: 6 August 2010

WEIGHT LOST TO DATE: 15 Lbs

TOTAL DAYS BEING PRIMAL: 12

MEDICAL ISSUES:

TYPE 2 Diabetes, Over Weight (DUH! LOL), PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), Sleep Apnea, Severe Insomnia

Blood Sugar Level (Start): 230-250

Blood Sugar Level (Current): 97

Blood Sugar Level (Goal Range): 80-90

BREAKFAST:

Saute' Zucchinni, Ground Beef Patty with Mrs Dash and Dill, dijon mustard, Saute' Beet Greens, two Sunny side up eggs, and flax seed. Plenty of water with a touch of Stevia.

LUNCH: Red Leaf Lettuce Salad with left over ground beef patty, Mrs Dash, Dill, Brie, Tomato and tossed with my home made dressing of Creme Fraische, Shrirachi Hot Sauce, lots of dill! fresh oven baked Beets, Avocado. Will also slice up 1/2 of one of my Bartlett Pears from our pear tree. Plenty of water.

DINNER: Tonight I will be making my fireside chili which I cook in our back yard on my fire pit in my cast iron pots from the 1800's.

SNACKS: Raw Sunflower Seeds and Flax Seeds, Celery, Fresh Oven roasted Beets, coconut Milk with Stevia and dash of Vanilla extract.

SUPPLEMENTS: 2400mg Fish Oil Capsules

ACTIVITIES:

Went on a morning walk to 2 grocery stores with my son to pick up fresh veggies and meat..... we still giggle and call it that we are "Hunting and Gathering".

Primal Wall Pushups (50)

Primal Wall Squats: (50)

Primal Walk: (2 miles)

MOOD:

Another fantastic day! Have a lot to get prepped before I head out of town this weekend but all in all, the day is on track! Will also do a bit of yard work wearing just shorts and sandals so I can soak up a bit of the wonderful sun that is out today!

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH: 352 DAYS
    Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 08-18-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks MamaGrok!

Yeah, I looked like I was preggo..... but now that is going away I am feeling better and more confident. I have always been a pretty positive person in life and it seems though that since the fat has been coming off, I find that my mood gets better each and every day. I don't feel as weighted down! Posting the pics can be very unnerving and uncomfortable and I definitely understand that it is not for everyone. I guess I just felt that I needed to do it.

As the weeks and months progress, I will add more. Then when I ever achieve my Hard Grok body I will post them all together!

Thanks again for the support!

They say we all have rippling, lean muscles..... they are just temporarily hidden by layers of fat..... I can't wait to see if those statements are true! hahahaha

I couldn't wait to share this!!! I just checked my blood sugar level for mid-day..... I am down to 93!!!!!!! Awesome! I am a VERY happy Grokster!!!!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    congrats and good luck on your journey to the loincloth. I know you'll do it as you totally have the right mindset!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Suse!!!! I am very motivated and happy! Tonight I am making my fireside chili..... (grunt grunt grunt...... I make fire!) hahaha and I think I just might dance around it and embarrass my family! hahaha

Page 3 of 239 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast