Page 201 of 239 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2389

Thread: COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal page 201

  1. #2001
    sarahz's Avatar
    sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    458
    Primal Fuel
    Cool, I made my first batch of home made greek yoghurt the other day. It was ok but turned out runny than expected. I think it was because half way through my son hurt himself and I had to rush him to the docs so I hurried it up a bit. Will try again though because i do love yoghurt and its a cheaper way!

  2. #2002
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,641
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Sorry to hear you've not been well. Stomach bugs are the worst!

    On the other hand, it's great to see your stats again and to see that you continue to have such amazing progress. I really, really wish I could get me some'o'that!!

    Hope you're 100% soon
    +23658945
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  3. #2003
    PhDenial's Avatar
    PhDenial is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St. John's, NL Canada - AND Monterey, CA
    Posts
    53
    Sorry to read that you were ill. It does sound like you had a reaction to food. Glad that things are improving.

  4. #2004
    GoPaleo's Avatar
    GoPaleo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    39
    I'm on my second week of paleo and have been lurking in your journal for a week now. You are a tremendous inspiration to me, I want to be where you are in 4 months!! Your recipes are terrific as well, love the chocolate covered bacon!

    I tried stevia once in my coffee and hated the taste but that was the powder. Next shopping trip, I'm going to buy some cocoa powder and stevia to attempt the chocolate covered bacon. My son needs to go on this diet as well!!

    Thanks so much for being brave enough to post your before photos, I also love your videos, you're a super star! When will you be on Oprah?

  5. #2005
    MeatMe216's Avatar
    MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
    However, some fresh homemade yogurt with a touch of honey, fresh fruit such as some berries or peaches and chopped hazelnuts/almonds will make for a great and healthy treat!
    ohhhh, very nice!

  6. #2006
    TAWFUNGUY's Avatar
    TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDenial View Post
    Sorry to read that you were ill. It does sound like you had a reaction to food. Glad that things are improving.
    Thanks PhDenial! Feeling a lot better now!




    Quote Originally Posted by GoPaleo View Post
    I'm on my second week of paleo and have been lurking in your journal for a week now. You are a tremendous inspiration to me, I want to be where you are in 4 months!! Your recipes are terrific as well, love the chocolate covered bacon!

    I tried stevia once in my coffee and hated the taste but that was the powder. Next shopping trip, I'm going to buy some cocoa powder and stevia to attempt the chocolate covered bacon. My son needs to go on this diet as well!!

    Thanks so much for being brave enough to post your before photos, I also love your videos, you're a super star! When will you be on Oprah?
    Thanks! That is awesome that you are now on your Primal path.... I am sure if you stay on path that you will have fantastic results just as everyone has! I am also very flattered that you have been inspired by my story, recipes and videos! Regarding Stevia.... I am the same as you, have not been a big fan of the aftertaste. However, I take the powder and make it into a more manageable liquid concentrate by taking 2 level teaspoons of powder Stevia and mix it with 3 tablespoons of Purified water and put in a glass bottle with eye dropper... store in fridge. That has made a world of difference for me. You can add a teaspoon more water if you need to cut down a bit more on the flavor. Give that a try and let me know what you think. As far as being on Oprah..... I am still waiting for the call! hahahahahahaa You made my day Thanks so much!



    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    ohhhh, very nice!
    Thanks!





    Quick update for this morning.......


    Well, I have my first public speaking gig regarding Primal today! Woot! I was asked to speak to a weight loss support group in San Jose to talk to them about The Primal Blueprint and how it has been THE key to me having the transformation (Body & Health) in just 4 months. I have my copy of Primal Blueprint, with all my highlighted areas and even have Mark's Primal Blueprint Cookbook on hand as well to share with them to include my before, during and current pics. I want them to not only learn about PB, but I want them to see that an average, every day guy, with the same life struggles and health issues as everyone else, CAN turn that around and in a shorter, more healthier way than any other method or diet that I have seen/or experienced. Even if just ONE of them in that group gets the book, reads it and tries it even if for no more than 30 days, will see and FEEL the difference and will realize just how easy it truly is to make a change in one's life. I am very excited about this morning! I will keep you posted on how it goes when I get done!
    Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 12-13-2010 at 09:43 AM.


    Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

  7. #2007
    Lindsey's Avatar
    Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Worcester, England
    Posts
    151
    Good luck TAWFUNGUY! Your progress has been amazing! I'm sorry you became so ill though. I've found that I can't stomach anything that hasn't been prepared naturally nowadays, so avoid any restaurant/shop cooked food. I'm rooting for you!

  8. #2008
    NourishedEm's Avatar
    NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,570
    I'm sure you'll be great! Good luck with it

  9. #2009
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,641
    So?
    How was it???

    Oh, yeah, I made your bacon wrapped meatloaf thingy...and I posted photos of it!
    (My 1st food photos)
    Last edited by winencandy; 12-13-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: bacon
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  10. #2010
    TAWFUNGUY's Avatar
    TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,804
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good morning everyone!

    Sorry for not getting back and responding yesterday when I got back from my appointment but I got stuck in combined traffic for almost 6 hours and just wanted to relax

    As you know from my post yesterday morning, I had my first public speaking engagement regarding my Primal journey and how The Primal Blueprint literally not only changed my life but saved it. After a 3 hour stint on the road in traffic (the destination is only about an hour away but morning traffic sucked LOL) I made it to my first destination to meet up with Melissa who is also the group leader of the group I was scheduled to talk to. From there we made it to the small hall/building where the speaking engagement would take place which inside, the group (comprised only of ladies), were busily doing their weekly weigh ins.

    When we got inside, I spent the time observing how they were going about doing their weigh ins but more so how they were reacting at the scale. A couple or so celebrated some weight loss victories where others physically displayed a frustration and partial depression for the weight gains for that week. Their faces and their body language showed so much and honestly, my heart sank for them because they had so much hope walking up to the scale but were let down when they stepped on the scale which revealed the dreaded results.

    However, the group quickly encouraged each other in support of getting back on track. The main “culprit” of the weight gain was collectively blamed on “the holidays” and the food that surrounds people during this time of the year.

    So, after they did their opening business and such, there was some slight discussion between the members of that group which gave Melissa and I few minutes to chat again, and I was talking to here about “sectional Tupperware” as a means to help with portion control….. well, one of the ladies was listening in on what we were talking about and after a couple minutes, the lady asked, “Excuse me…. But did you say Sexual Tupperware?” OMG, we about fell over laughing!!!!! The group busted up into hysterics! Melissa, ever spot on, says, “Geez ladies, we get a guy in here and you fall apart at the seams!” hahaha Again, the laughter ensued! That is when Melissa officially introduced me to the group and had me start talking to them. Great lead in Mel! LOL Thanks! That whole thing made my afternoon! LOL

    I started to tell them a little bit about myself and how this year has been my hardest year health wise and how I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and the gambit of other health issues to include how my doctor put in my medical records, Heart Attack Eminent. From there I revealed to them how in August of this year, in desperation for my health & life that I searched for a REAL solution to my health, and not one that was riddled with medication and such and how I found Mark’s, The Primal Blueprint. We passed out about 4-5 copies of the book out for them to take a look at a couple copies of his Cookbook. As I continued to share with them my story, I told them how within a month of going Primal, I was making the much needed change for my life and that being Primal for ONLY 129 thus far, that I REVERESED ALL of my the diagnosis from my doctors.
    That grabbed their attention. They started asking questions which was great to see that they wanted to engage. However, when going over the basic fundamentals and what foods we as Primal refrain from (sugars, grains, etc) you could see the shifting in their seats and the skepticism in their faces. One even asked, “so is this Atkins?” and many like questions or comments. But no worries, being armed with knowledge are a wonderful tool in situations like this. I described some of the main differences and even included the differences with Weight Watchers as well as in my life I had done both Weight Watchers & Atkins which not only did NOT work, but caused their fair share of unhealthy contributions to my life.

    Many feel that Primal is just about eating as much meat as you can and very little to no carbs…. But, I then discussed the Primal pyramid and how Veggies/Plants, etc is the foundation and from there the other items are placed on top in their prospective order.

    The crowd was spit…. Some were just VERY set in their ways and you could see that they have no desire to make a change where some were very intrigued and taking copious notes.

    Now, here I was sitting before them, wearing a form fitted t-shirt with no visible gut (although not completely gone but very little hahah) comfortable jeans and my vibrams, you can see they were really buying the whole I was a fat ass story. Then, when Melissa thought it was the right time, we showed them my before pics and then my subsequent transformation pics which was ONLY over a 4 month period. One even asked me to stand up (I think she was being flirty LOLOL) so they can fully see the current phase of where I am at.

    I now had the attention of a couple more. After a few more minutes of chatting with them and answering a host of questions, we brought it to a close as they had their group Christmas get together/lunch scheduled. Melissa had invited me to join her and the group over at one of the ladies’ house who was hosting the get together. As we left and drove over to the party, many of the ladies were discussing about how that a majority of the food would probably not be good for them as it was not Primal… there were even comments such as “I wonder what ‘HE’ (meaning me) will think of this food and us eating it?” and a plethora of other comments to the like LOLOL It was rather entertaining. A couple said that they felt bad because there was probably nothing on the table that I “could eat”. I explained to them that we as Primals are not denied eating certain things, but that we choose not to eat certain things. However, I grabbed a plate and looked at my options as some of the ladies were talking about how they could not give up bread or that the holidays were just too hard to give up the sweets, etc.

    As they continued to chat about that, there was little snide comments that were not malicious but you can tell those that are set in their ways are going to remain set in their ways and I was not offended in the least. I remained forever jovial, helpful and respectful.

    So here I was armed with my plate, fork, knife, napkin and a table of food to choose from. Some were intently watching what I was going to chose to eat. This was simple! I grabbed the Ham, Broccoli Salad, Brussel Sprouts, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and even about 2 tablespoons worth of this one pasta dish ONLY because I heard the lady who made it say, “He won’t eat that because it is not Primal”. I wanted her and the others to see that we can eat it (albeit it was not my preferred choice) but that we (Primals) follow the 80/20 rule.

    Although everyone enjoyed their meal, they all chatted about “dessert” and how they could not wait to get to them. LOL Not what I expected from members of a weight loss group LOL However, it was very interesting to watch. A couple made their comments about how I would not partake in the dessert items, however, I looked at their spread of sweets…. Not tempted in the least, I saw 1” square cookie bites which were mostly nuts. I opted for one of those.
    Over the course of the next hour or so they did gift exchanges but what was very interesting to see, they engaged me more and had more consideration for me as I was not there to cram Primal down their throats but rather enjoying their company. A handful would continue to come up to me and engage me in conversation about a great many things but then they would come back with Primal curious questions.
    I even made the hostess a napkin rose in thanks for her hospitality… (she wore it almost the entire time) and then had me show them how I made it LOLOL

    As the get together came to an end, the ladies one by one started to filter out and head home. Just before we headed out, the hostess, a true gem of a lady, stopped me in the kitchen and asked me, “The holidays are really hard for me because of all the food…. I just can’t give them up in the middle of the season. Would you be willing to possibly help put something (meals, fitness) together for us after the New Year? I am interested in learning more.”

    I told her that it would be my pleasure.

    All in all, I think the experience was a great one and although not everyone is open to the possibility of change, there are those that are. Maybe helping the hostess and the handful of others that were interested will yield them the results they are looking for and that THEY will become the flagships for their group and will inspire the others from the group that were still skeptical to at least give it a try and see for themselves.

    A big thanks to Melissa for asking me to speak to the group and all the wonderful ladies that I met yesterday! It was truly an honor and a pleasure!


    Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •