Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Help! Hair Gone Oily!

Help! Hair Gone Oily!

Shop Now
    I've had oily hair for years now, but since I started PB over a week ago, my hair is now REEEEAAAALLY oily. I use Lush's "Big" to wash my hair and restore volume and that's always worked great. But now, I wash and by afternoon, it looks like I never wash my hair! I look like a greaser!

What's going on?

dunno. are you eating enough fat?
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

The folks on here who transistion from using to shampoo to not using any, say using a baking soda/water mix, or a beaten egg yolk, helps to control the oil. I don't why you are suddenly experiencing an increase in oil production.

I incorporate nuts, avocados, coconut and olive oil, and meat into my diet daily, so I think I'm good on the fat front.

I tried doing none...when my hair dried, it was still oily as all heck.

Hmmm, baking soda, I'll give that a try.

Just remember you'll need vinegar to get the baking soda out. Otherwise your hair will be one big dry frazzle.

I haven't washed my hair with anything than water for over 6 months now. First week was a bit oily until it got in balance, now is perfect... I wont put that crap (shampoo, gels, etc) on my hair and skin anymore ever!

Grah I wish i could go no-poo! I just dont have a week I can let it go oily! I only wash my hair once a week now and dont use bodywash or soap and im fine but if i could ditch the shampoo id be a happy camper.

I'm in my 4th week of no shampoo/conditioner or soap and while my hair has been greasy, a baking soda and applie cider vinegar rinse every 3 to 4 days does the trick. The greasiness has reduced a lot since I started, so I'm excited to see what the next couple of weeks brings. There are "pooless" groups and forums on here. Their suggestion has been to mix 1 tbsp of baking soda in 1 cup of water, then 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water. Rinse each through your hair (mimich shampoo scrubbies if you wish) and you hair should come out lovely soft. A great alternative to commercial products.

Shop Now
    Ditto on the go 'poo-less. It's been over a month. I didn't have much transition, but what transition I had did take at least 3 weeks. My hair is so much prettier and better without those chemicals!
    If I don't live my dream, who will?