Thread: What to eat after the stomach flu? page

ursprung is offline Junior Member

What to eat after the stomach flu?

Primal Fuel
    So, we always learned to have rice and plain crackers after a bout of stomach flu or food poisoning, etc. But what did Grok do? The only thing I could come up with the other week was home made chicken broth. Nuts and most proteins (from what I understand) are pretty tough on the digestive tract. Suggestions?

greek_girl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ursprung View Post
    So, we always learned to have rice and plain crackers after a bout of stomach flu or food poisoning, etc. But what did Grok do? The only thing I could come up with the other week was home made chicken broth. Nuts and most proteins (from what I understand) are pretty tough on the digestive tract. Suggestions?
    Good question. I am interested to see some answers on this one too. The only thing I had was chicken broth for a day but then I had to give in as I was losing a lot of weight very quickly and I ended up eating chicken broth with kritharaki (most people know it as orzo) which really settled my stomach. Although I am a meat lover I couldn't go any near when I had the bug. I must admit that I always crave for grains when I am ill.

Something else that I though of was chicken broth with courgette (zucchini) noodles but i can't find (at least here in the UK) the right peeler for it.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i don't see why you should eat any differently coming back from the flu. you may want to lighten up on the dairy if you normally eat that, but i think it's probably more important to just eat less if you're still feeling ill at all. rather than eating a big ass salad, eat a small salad without much dressing, or have a small piece of fruit. i haven't been sick in a few years, but if i am i want food that is going to agree with my body, rather than prolong any inflammation cause insulin spikes.