Thread: Body by Vi... Heard of it? page

dhoyt86 is offline Junior Member

Body by Vi... Heard of it?

So I went to a "90 Day Challenge Party" as a favor to someone last night. The "nutrition expert/MLM salesman" there was explaining to everyone how replacing 1-2 meals per day with the Visalus shake can make you lose weight in 90 days. He also said, specifically to me after I mentioned I don't normally eat breakfast because I have stopped getting hungry in the mornings, he recommends using it to replace your breakfast, since "nutritionally" that is the most important meal of the day, and it will actually make me gain weight by going into starvation mode as a result of not eating breakfast.

I thought I was going to come unglued. Anybody have anything like this happen recently, where you hear just ridiculous sales-pitches in the name of weight-loss where the "pitcher" has absolutely NO IDEA what he is talking about?

Just needed to vent a little bit.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I've never heard of this particular product, but I probably would have started laughing out loud right then and there.

eta: I had a similar moment recently at Costco. I normally try to avoid going there on "sample day" because I have no intention of eating the samples of crap they're handing out and the people clogging the lanes to get their free bite of processed "food" annoy me. Anyhoo...I walked by the guy handing out samples of "the cookie diet" and explaining how it worked (same deal, eat these cookies for two meals a day). I was like: oh yeah, let me take diet advice from the guy handing out samples at Costco. Sadly, he had a group of ladies huddle around him nodding their heads slowly, entranced by the notion that they can eat cookies and still get skinny! Oy.
    Last edited by kennelmom; 08-17-2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Clint is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    I normally try to avoid going there on "sample day" because I have no intention of eating the samples of crap they're handing out and the people clogging the lanes to get their free bite of processed "food" annoy me.
    Oh man, do I know exactly where you're coming from here!!

To the OP: Not about food, but my wife has a co-worker that was talked into buy $800 (yes, $800!) worth of shoe inserts to fix all of her "posture problems". She had these tests and evaluations done at the store and then bought everything he told her to. She was convinced to do this by a SHOE SALESMAN. She then tells my wife about how Vibrams are going to ruin her feet and back and that she needs to throw them away and get these inserts.