Primal Fuel
    LOL.

I'd go to iherb.com (dramatically cheaper than anyplace irl) and would get

this drop.....you can use it topically and orally
    http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer...-ml/20745?at=0

**ascorbic acid** C serums - one of the following

Good for normal and perhaps even sensitive skin - expensive though
    appears to be 10-15% ascorbic acid
    Zia Natural Skincare, Ultimates, Ultimate "C" Serum, Multivitamin/Antioxidant System, .5 fl oz
    $33.99

Devita, Devita-C Serum, Stabilized Formula 17% , 1 oz (30 g)
    probably best for stronger/resistant skin

$28.25

this is also a great C serum for strong/oily/resistant skin but it's also pricey
    MyChelle Dermaceuticals, The Perfect C Serum, All Skin Types, .5 fl oz (15 ml)

Jason Natural, Ester-C, Hyper-C Serum, Anti-Aging Therapy, 1 fl oz (30 ml)
    inexpensive but only for NON acne prones with dry skin as it's very oily/moisturizing/hydrating.....5-10% ascorbic

$24.94

Personally, I wouln't take the lysine.

D will be dramatically more effective - like astonishingly. And C is probably the next most effective tx/preventative after the D.

See my links below for a good, cheap multi and zinc to take a few times per week.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    So you think the d topical is good enough or do you think I need a D sup as well? And I will follow your links to my hearts content but then I get lost in all the info which is why i just came to the source! You amaze me so glad to have found you! <3
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mandabear2010 View Post
    So you think the d topical is good enough or do you think I need a D sup as well?
    It's the same thing. This is the oral supplement I use (and the rest of my family).....and since it's just extra virgin olive oil and cholecalciferol (d3) it can be used as a topical agent as well. It absolutely stopped my body's "attempted" cold store in it's tracks.

You got it... I am going to buy the d you suggested, the zinc and multi you have on your google docs...

As for C... is there anything cheaper that you rec? I use a pack of emergen-c every day... and then more if i feel I need it... Haven't had huge issues... Do you think it is SUPER impt or lower on priorities than the other 3?

Sorry to pick your brain so heavily... I am literally a 0 when it comes to knowledge of vits.
    Live Like No One Else

Quote Originally Posted by mandabear2010 View Post
    You got it... I am going to buy the d you suggested, the zinc and multi you have on your google docs...

As for C... is there anything cheaper that you rec? I use a pack of emergen-c every day... and then more if i feel I need it... Haven't had huge issues... Do you think it is SUPER impt or lower on priorities than the other 3?
    Lower on priorities than the others but should another outbreak occur, it's pretty important Also, it's great to use on your face daily or every few days as one of the few evidence based anti-aging topicals

I'd personally stop using the Emergen-C. Not so helpful and very expensive per gram of vitamin C. When you're done with the box, cheap vitamin C - a big bottle - will do the trick. Ascorbic acid is fine....

Also, my Vitamin C serum docs are linked from the same google doc as is linked below. That has a ton of ascorbic acid C serums under $60....some as low as $25ish. I haven't used most of them.....just compiled them from web searches and recommendations from friends on makeupalley.com's skincare board where I used to be a regular.....until I jumped ship and came here

Ummm... about the outbreak... Yep. Felt one coming on this morning and can already tell now... I am tired and bogged down and this prolly isnt helping... Shd I just get the C and D for now, take care of this sucker? How long will I have to wait to get it here? I really dont wanna go back on the meds but I might if I have to today... (this is my 3rd in a month and a half, basically when I get off meds-it happens) I hate this crap! I really want the D to work... I wish I had some right now!

<3

So what shd i do now? lol
    Live Like No One Else

If you have the meds on hand, go on them! It's certainly not the worst thing in the world and will make a huge difference to your mental state which will in turn make a significant difference to your physical ability to fight the infection.

If you order from iherb.com before 11 pacific central time, they ship that day. There are various shipping options. Sometimes I choose next day simply b/c they discount shipping so much....but mostly I go for whatever shipping option is free

You really can get ANY oil based vitamin D anywhere and it'll be fine. If you pick up some gelcaps tomorrow you can take it orally AND pop a capsule and apply it topically.

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    If you have the meds on hand, go on them! It's certainly not the worst thing in the world and will make a huge difference to your mental state which will in turn make a significant difference to your physical ability to fight the infection.

If you order from iherb.com before 11 pacific central time, they ship that day. There are various shipping options. Sometimes I choose next day simply b/c they discount shipping so much....but mostly I go for whatever shipping option is free

You really can get ANY oil based vitamin D anywhere and it'll be fine. If you pick up some gelcaps tomorrow you can take it orally AND pop a capsule and apply it topically.
    K i think for the time being I am just gonna get some d gel caps and some vit c and load down on it to try to bust this sucker out before it comes on harder... then I can get the others from your website probably next pay-period just so I have them ... I just would REALLY prefer not to go back on the meds for the 3rd time in a month... I hate meds.
    Live Like No One Else

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I just got the grassroots D-Action finger poker kit in the mail ... been waiting all day to get up the nerve to use it! Tell me it doesn't hurt that much, even if you have absolutely NO experience using one, lol!

I'm thinking I'm going to test, then spend the next three months working hard on the daily sun (I'm in Atlanta, too, and it's still pretty intense at midday for a good while yet to come - we often spend an hour at midday outside during Sept and Oct, unsunscreened, w/o hats, sleeves, etc.), then re-test at my doc's office for a "yearly" check-up (haven't been there in 3 years), then go on the D through out the winter, do my next 6-month D-Action test when scheduled, and just look and see what's happening. I'd really like to see if I can get any kind of effect from the sun before starting the D3.

I wish I had learned about the grassroots program at the beginning of this summer!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I just got the grassroots D-Action finger poker kit in the mail ... been waiting all day to get up the nerve to use it! Tell me it doesn't hurt that much, even if you have absolutely NO experience using one, lol!
    I've done it three times now. It's no big deal. The first one terrified me and I put it off for like two weeks. Now I know it's really no big deal.

I'm thinking I'm going to test, then spend the next three months working hard on the daily sun (I'm in Atlanta, too, and it's still pretty intense at midday for a good while yet to come
    Unfortunately it's not the case. From midsept on, while there is often sufficient heat, there isn't sufficient UVB due to the angle of the sun entering the atmosphere.

- we often spend an hour at midday outside during Sept and Oct, unsunscreened, w/o hats, sleeves, etc.), then re-test at my doc's office for a "yearly" check-up (haven't been there in 3 years), then go on the D through out the winter, do my next 6-month D-Action test when scheduled, and just look and see what's happening. I'd really like to see if I can get any kind of effect from the sun before starting the D3.

No matter how much (or actually how little) D you get from sun, during the winter you'll need to supplement. Falling D levels (which happens in fall and winter) appear to be just as dangerous as low levels. The D you aren't getting from sun must be made up from supplements if optimal health is the goal.

K
    Last edited by cillakat; 08-25-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast