Thread: Daniel Quinn...anyone read his books? page

healthymama is offline Member

Daniel Quinn...anyone read his books?

Primal Fuel
    It's funny, I started following the Primal Blueprint plan, and then found a novel by Daniel Quinn, _The Story of B_ in a used book store. It's kind of a manifesto of sorts...very critical of the role agriculture has played in human history. I found it very interesting. Has anyone else read it or other books by him? If so, what do you think of the message and Quinn's philosophy?

Katt is offline Senior Member
    I have read Ishmael, My Ishmael and The Story of B. Very interesting. I think some of his thoughts are flawed, but I like the general idea of the message.

Spun is offline Member
    Love that book

Takers and Leavers....speaks to the spritual side of the PB

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Read Ishmael years ago. Almost a preachy as Johnathan Livingston Seagull.

Fideo is offline Junior Member
    I greatly enjoyed Ishmael, although I read it years ago. The general theme struck a chord with me. As a species we are in a self destructive process Around that same time was when I was reading everything I could find on primitive living. I think I have collected the complete Tom Brown Jr. collection over the years.

Despite the controversy over the legitimacy of his persona, those books are packet with useful techniques and philosophical nuggets.

I love the story about his first hunt.

“If this is what learning survival skills requires, I don’t want anything to do with it. This is cruel and senseless.” Grandfather replied simply, “The moment you feel the same about plucking a blade of grass as you do about killing this deer, you will truly be one with all things.”

I got a little off topic there.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Anybody here like donuts?

cafyrman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fideo View Post
    I think I have collected the complete Tom Brown Jr. collection over the years.
    To keep it OT, I was wondering if there were any more Tracker types around here. I've spent a little bit of time in the Pine Barrens myself.