Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pull up Bar page

Mr.Stoic is offline Junior Member

Question Pull up Bar

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone. I was following links from Mark's Daily Apple yesterday and saw a nice pull up bar that you you could mount to your ceiling. It looked pretty sturdy and I would like to check it out but can't find it again. Any ideas?

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    Not sure about the ones you saw on the web site but here is a link to some ceiling mount bars. They also have some training straps which I think are much more versatile than bars. You can do pull ups as well as many other exercises.

http://www.vegasprostraps.com/
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Clint is offline Senior Member
    You can make a very sturdy pull-up bar SUPER cheap by using iron pipe from any home improvement store.

Here's mine:

http://www.freewebs.com/indywingchun...hotoid=5625402

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Although I'm not proud to admit it, I stepped into Walmart the other day and bought a pull up bar that gets attached to a door frame. It is simple, cheap (cost a little over 20 with taxes), and gets the job done.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Check amazon. I bought a header mounted there, and they should have the ceiling or joist mounted ones.

LowCarbPrincess is offline Junior Member
    We got ours from ebay!!

Pheurton is offline Junior Member
    I also have the one that you hang in your door frame. bought it last weekend, actually. Every time I walk through the door I knock out a quick 5. Over a 3-day weekend I probably did close to 100. Its very motivating and i never forget, since I hit my head on it every time I walk through the door.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheurton View Post
    I also have the one that you hang in your door frame. bought it last weekend, actually. Every time I walk through the door I knock out a quick 5. Over a 3-day weekend I probably did close to 100. Its very motivating and i never forget, since I hit my head on it every time I walk through the door.
    I've never done kipping pull ups before, so yesterday I wanted to give it a shot to see if I can get my elbows over the bar (working towards a muscle up) but I forgot that my "power tower" usually needs to be moved into open space in my backyard so I don't hit my head. I banged the top of my head so hard... I didn't do shit after that it hurt like a bastard.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    I cannot get the Rogue Fitness cite to work, think it is down at the moment. I purchased a pull up bar and gym rings combo from them that works very nice. The straps for the rings can also be threaded through tabs on a bar so basically you get two for one: rings and a pull up bar. I will add though that the bar is then attached to the straps so you have some give, unlike a bar directly attached to a ceiling or stud.

Mr.Stoic is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Pull up bar

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I appreciate all the good advice. Thanks. Been away from the internet for a bit... I used to have a built in bar in my room. Clint you got me thinking maybe I should put those GROK skills to work and build one again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast