Thread: Hi All! page

Jackie is offline Junior Member

Hi All!

Shop Now
    My name is Jackie, and even though I'm just halfway through The Primal Blueprint, I'm already all in. The trick for me is finding foods my five-year-old will eat that do not include bread or pasta! Until about a month ago, we were vegetarians.

Hope to be able to find some time to hang out here and read posts now and then.

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard Jackie!
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

shannon is offline Senior Member
    hi jackie, we have two lil girls ages 3 and 5. we are 100% primal and do it no problem. it's easier than ya think;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

alley cat is offline Member
    Hi Jackie! I'm really thrilled to hear that you're really enjoying PB after being a vegetarian. Was is difficult to make the transition and what initiated the change (if you don't mind me asking?!) I have to agree that my kid's favorite foods would have to be bread and pasta. I've been primal for a whole 2 days (how funny does that sound!) and the kids have been reluctantly eating what i eat. I'll be interested to hear what other mums do. Ie for school lunch boxes etc.

Jackie is offline Junior Member
    Thanks all for the welcome! @Alley Cat: I was only a vegetarian for a little more than 2 years, so it was probably easier for me than for others. First, I read a bunch of the book The Vegetarian Myth at the prodding of a friend of mine who'd been vegetarian for at least 12 years, and that was eye-opening about the health problems associated with vegetarianism, among other things. Then, Amazon of all things recommended The Primal Blueprint because of my interest in the other book. Got it, and have been increasingly astounded by it, and LOVING it. Within a couple weeks, I dropped the five-ish pounds I gained and couldn't get rid of when I was a vegetarian. How old are your kids? I've been stuffing my son's lunch box lately with a ton of fruit, bacon or pepperoni, and a jelly sandwich (I don't see how I'm going to get him off the bread, ha ha!). He's also allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts, so this will prove to be a challenge.

alley cat is offline Member
    Mine are (almost) 5, 3 and 1yo. No allergies thank goodness, although the youngest did have eczema early on that disappeared as soon as i dropped eating dairy. He seems to be ok with cows milk now though. I'm fortunate to have a source of raw milk. Kindy lunch box tomorrow has salad, cheese, chicken,and fruit. But most will come back uneaten- i think it's all just too exciting at Kindy. And i dread thinking about making school lunches for 3 and hubbies' as well. How much time will that take!

Irisheyes is offline Junior Member
    Good Luck Jackie, I'm just starting out as well. I'm sure my kids would be fine with eating primal, it's the husband that will put up a fight. He's an endurance athlete that loves his carbs...LOL ;-)