Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from a UK member page

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member

Hi from a UK member

Hi, I just joined, am on day 3 of going paleo. I've been doing high protein, moderate fat and wholegrains, no sugar or whites for most of the last 10 years so it's not a huge change for me, but hopefully will make a huge change in how I feel.

I was ill for a few years with what turned out to be gluten intolerance. During that time I doubled my bodyweight from 130 to 260lbs (in 3.5 yrs, and my doc said there was nothing wrong with me!) and had many other trouble some symptoms.

I've been much better since I took out gluten but have still had niggling symptoms and only been able to lose 30lbs of what I gained. Recently I tried gluten free oats and they clearly upset me, made me wonder if grains in general weren't good for me. Started googling and here I am .

ukmase is offline Junior Member
    Hi from another newbie fin the UK trying his hand at Primal.

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Hi Horsewoman,

Welcome to the PB community,just a few tips :- Read the Primal Blueprint and follow, where possible, Mark's tips on nutrition and exercise.
    Ditch the grains 100% --- this is very important.Excercise at a slow pace,whatever suits you.

All questions and answers can be found here.This is the friendliest and best informed forum on the planet.

Very best of luck.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    HI also from UK. this will be the healthiest most liberating choice you ever made
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    The more UK Primal folk the better. There are threads around for cheap Primal UK shopping, as it's a bit more tricky than in the USA - well, more expensive. Veggies veggies veggies!

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Thanks . I have to book on order, it's on it's way. Exercise, well at the moment, I hike, swim, cycle and do yoga (my passion). Will be sticking to that for now while I get steady with the food, then we'll see. Can only do low impact at the moment.

KateO is offline Junior Member
    Hi all-Irish primaler based in London, UK. I've been doing PB for about 3 weeks now and can't get over how great I feel! I had a relapse last saturday and had an Indian- complete with Nan and half a bowl of rice. I couldn't believe how sick and stuffed I felt after it! The feeling I used to take for granted after almost every meal was such a shock to the system and a great reminder of why I'm doing the PB! I've been doing the PB fitness too and am the proud owner of an indoor pull up bar! We're shortly moving to East London so if there are any other wannabe Groks out there fancy getting primal in London fields/Haggerston pk let me know!

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    hi - i'm in the UK too - good to share any tips or notes.
    :-)
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Mornin'

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Also in the UK - Northumberland originally, now Sussex and when on my narrow boat, Northamptonshire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast