Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PB + Heavy alcohol page 3

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I just got over a weekend of beers and shots myself. Certainly a rare occurance, but I figure we deserve a little party here and there, right?

I always believed in the concept of drinking water with your alcohol. It helps tremendously. Why did you think that eating carbs the next day would work well? The morning after, (and a nice hurl..), I scarfed down a gigantic salad. I figured it would make sense to replenish all of the lost vitamins due to the alcohol (especially b vitamins, so get your protein fix!)

Also, never underestimate the power of sleep.

I wouldn't reccomend sprinting the next day personally, I think that would be way too harsh and intense when your body is recovering. I'd do some "easy" aerobic work just to get your blood moving and things operating back to normal.

riley44 Guest

what works for me to have minimal hangover is to stick to drinking clear drinks (usually gin and tonic and/or white wine), avoid sugary shots (yes to tequila, no to buttery nipples...), and switch to drinking beer when i start feeling too drunk. chug as much water as possible and take 2 advil before going to bed.

the next morning, i agree with jess that eating healthy makes you feel better than a bunch of carbs. if you are feeling really queasy and need something easy on your stomach, maybe try a banana (not sure if that's really primal, but it has more vitamins and minerals than bread). and if you don't feel like you might throw up, an easy run really helps to "sweat out" the hangover

good luck and have fun!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

riley44 has it pretty much nailed down.

Stick to straight, clear liquors, although I like dark rum and don't seem to suffer ill effects.

Stay away from anything sweet!

Take 4-6 aspirin before retiring; I'm big, so 6 is my number.

Drink water along the way and chug before bed.

Now PB for several months, the worst ill effect I suffer is a general lethargy. Not much get up and go, but zero pain.

A funny story: When I was "coming of age" here in Florida ca. late 1960's, there was a home grown brand of vodka and gin with the Five Flags label. It was cheap because of in-state taxation preferences, and it was cheap because it was made from the billions of tons of citrus peels in the state! This stuff was so crude you could see orange oils floating on top and smell them. Instead of Smirnoff's filtered through a mountain of charcoal, or whatever that old ad campaign was, FF's could have been filtered through a Mr. Coffee filter!

Worst hangovers I ever had in my life!

(But it was very cheap and when you are 20....)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123