Thread: Recommendations for choosing a food processor page

Greensprout is offline Senior Member

Recommendations for choosing a food processor

Shop Now
    I have never had or used a food processor and am in the market to finally buy one. From what I see, both KitchenAid and Cuisinart seem to be the best, looking at the 12 or even 14 cup bowl.

For those of you who have one, can you tell me what you like best about the one you have, or your recommendations for which would be preferred? Both of the above models run close to $400 here in Canada, but a local store is having a half price sale on the 12 cup KitchenAid this week.

Thanks for your help.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    The famed Cuisinart food processor is now made by KitchenAid- blades, components, etc. Go with the KitchenAid food processor, NOT the new Cuisinart food processor.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Advice - check the gap between the lid and the blade.

The first one I had (Kenwood) the gap was tiny and ALL of a carrot / parsnip etc got grated.

The next one (also Kenwood) has a big gap and big lumps of the end of the veg go through ungrated / sliced and it drives me MAD. I want another one but can't justify the cost having recently bought this one.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the input.

Do you ever use your processor for grinding/mincing cuts of meat? That would be a really handy addition. I've looked online at the user manual for the model going on sale here, and it seems to be able to do that.