Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hedonist tries Primal page 2

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lardomuncher View Post
    In your original post you said - "I reject notion that grains other than wheat are poison. Eat rice, corn, oats, potatoes and/or legumes once or twice a day."

I'm afraid you are not following the paleo diet at all. You might be eating "healthy", but otherwise you are violating one of the main principles of this lifestyle. I'm sure that other diets besides paleo can also contribute to good health and weight loss. Anyways, congrats on your progress. Maybe you should look into the Mediterranean Diet or something along those lines if you still eat grains and legumes.
    Bullshit
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jqbancroft View Post
    Why does someone have to "follow" one commercialized way of eating? If he's not "following" paleo/primal 100%, why should he have to look into another diet? It seems to be that everyone should do their own research, come to their own conclusions, how what they feel is best and use what resources they have available. Sounds like what this guy is doing.

I'm not saying I agree totally with him (I try to keep away from grains as much as possible) but I don't see why he should be encouraged to go elsewhere.

To OP, congrats on all your improvements! Good luck on your journey
    That is fine, whatever works for him. I'm not trying to tell him to go away or bash on his progress or results. There are dozens of diets and lifestyles that people follow with great results in weight loss and improved health.

But, what if you went on a vegetarian forum and said - "I'm a vegetarian, but I don't agree with the whole meat is bad for your thing, so I eat steak, bacon and chicken ones or twice per day",,,,u see my point?

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    That is fine, whatever works for him. I'm not trying to tell him to go away or bash on his progress or results. There are dozens of diets and lifestyles that people follow with great results in weight loss and improved health.

But, what if you went on a vegetarian forum and said - "I'm a vegetarian, but I don't agree with the whole meat is bad for your thing, so I eat steak, bacon and chicken ones or twice per day",,,,u see my point?
    Yes, and no because vegetarianism's sole definition is the avoidance of meat whereas Primal Blueprint is made up 10 laws, most of which Hedonist is following. Many people on this board harp on the point that the difference between paleo and primal is that paleo is only a way of eating and primal is a way of living. Hedonist is living primally and mostly following the diet (probably lower carb than SAD and eating plenty of saturated fats), so the vegetarian comparison falls short. To me, it's more like hedonist going to a vegetarian forum and saying "I'm down with vegetarian ideals, and I've mostly switched over but I'm lacto, ova, pesca vegetarian for now but I've seen great results already."

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jqbancroft View Post
    Yes, and no because vegetarianism's sole definition is the avoidance of meat whereas Primal Blueprint is made up 10 laws, most of which Hedonist is following. Many people on this board harp on the point that the difference between paleo and primal is that paleo is only a way of eating and primal is a way of living. Hedonist is living primally and mostly following the diet (probably lower carb than SAD and eating plenty of saturated fats), so the vegetarian comparison falls short. To me, it's more like hedonist going to a vegetarian forum and saying "I'm down with vegetarian ideals, and I've mostly switched over but I'm lacto, ova, pesca vegetarian for now but I've seen great results already."
    I see your point. But, I still disagree. Every diet or lifestyle has some basic beliefs that are the building blocks of that diet or lifestyle. In my belief and research, avoidance of grain is one of the main principles of the paloe diet and if you violate it, you are not eating paleo (and Hedonist mentioned eating grain every day and even twice per day). I know there are some gray area (some paleo followers eat dairy, others do not). But, every paleo follower will agree that avoidance of grain is probable the #1 doctrine of this diet. If you eat meat you will violate one of the main principles of vegetarianism; if you eat cooked food, you violate one of main principles of raw food-ism; if you eat bacon, you violate one of the main principles of the the conventional low fat diet, etc...

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I see your point. But, I still disagree. Every diet or lifestyle has some basic beliefs that are the building blocks of that diet or lifestyle. In my belief and research, avoidance of grain is one of the main principles of the paloe diet and if you violate it, you are not eating paleo (and Hedonist mentioned eating grain every day and even twice per day). I know there are some gray area (some paleo followers eat dairy, others do not). But, every paleo follower will agree that avoidance of grain is probable the #1 doctrine of this diet. If you eat meat you will violate one of the main principles of vegetarianism; if you eat cooked food, you violate one of main principles of raw food-ism; if you eat bacon, you violate one of the main principles of the the conventional low fat diet, etc...
    Sure, sure, I see your point. I was never trying to argue that Hedonist was following PB to it's maximum potential, but that I didn't think it was good/nice/profitable to recommend he try another diet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12