Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cream cheese? page

muk
    muk is offline Junior Member

Cream cheese?

Primal Fuel
    I'm new to the forums and couldn't find anything on this although I'm sure I had to have missed it. I know Groc didn't have a fridge stocked with cream cheese, but is it something against the primal diet? I got the roomate on the diet and he's threatening to burn the house down unless he can have some bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapenos.. Any suggestions?

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I would count cream cheese, and indeed, any type of cheese, as part of your 20%.
    For my part, I'm taking a break from it entirely, because it's a trigger for me, and it's messed up my weight loss.
    If you don't have a lot of fat to lose, and you like it (and it doesn't bother you in some other way)...go forth and make some poppers

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    mmm...cream cheese. I could eat a brick all by itself

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Cream cheese is super easy to make, google the nourishing traditions recipe. It'd be better than storebought and tastier too

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    It depends on your view of dairy of course. However, most store bought cream cheeses probably have frankenfood additives. So you potbably want to make your own.

muk
    muk is offline Junior Member
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for the info. As far as dairy, I've been staying away from it. Strictly meat and veggies but would it hurt to make some bacon wrapped poppers every now and then? We aren't overweight really. I'm 5'11 185lbs and he's about the same. We are just doing it for the health and fitness aspect. Although, losing the beer gut would be a plus.

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    Cream cheese is awesome, especially after workout. Lots of BCAA's in it. If you can handly dairy, cream cheese is a great part of your diet.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I do great with cheese and milk products, if you do too then go for it. Lots of people get PB results without cutting the cheese too much. yuk yuk.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo_rob View Post
    Cream cheese is awesome, especially after workout. Lots of BCAA's in it. If you can handly dairy, cream cheese is a great part of your diet.
    Is cream cheese used to refer to the same product in Australia as in the states? In the states, it's a high fat cheese with pretty low protein. Cottage cheese (as I know it) on the other hand, is lower in fat and considered a good source of protein.

chuckarie is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is cream cheese used to refer to the same product in Australia as in the states? In the states, it's a high fat cheese with pretty low protein. Cottage cheese (as I know it) on the other hand, is lower in fat and considered a good source of protein.
    The Primal Blueprint is a low carb, moderate protein, and HIGH FAT diet. Fat is actually VERY HEALTHY and has actually been proven to accelerate weight loss, however, most people have been brainwashed by the media to believe that lots of fat is bad for you, which is completely wrong. As long as you are consuming healthy fats (like those found in cream cheese, coconut oil, the saturated fats in animal fats, etc...) then you will be fine. Just don't consume trans fats (like crisco oil and margerine).

Basically, instead of having carbs as your main energy source, on the PB you should have FAT as your main energy source. Most people seem to be thinking that protein is supposed to be their main energy source, but this is not true. Too much protein can wreak havoc on your body. The PB is all about reducing insulin release, and FAT is the only food source that DOES NOT trigger an insulin response. Believe it or not, carbs are not the only food that causes an insulin response -- protein does too! In fact, there are studies done that show how beef can trigger a higher insulin response than some grains like brown rice. Too much insulin in the blood can easily lead to weight gain.

One of the main goals of the PB is to reduce this insulin response. That is why your main source of energy should be FAT, then moderate protein, then low carb. And cream cheese is an excellent source of fat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast