Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal desert for meeting hand out?? page

visionteacher is offline Member

Primal desert for meeting hand out??

Primal Fuel
    I've got an orientation meeting for our new students this week. We faculty are bringing in a snack to pass around during the meeting. You know, like brownies or something like that. Do you all know of a nice, crowd pleasing, primal desert I could make and bring with me? I don't necessarily want to fool them, but I want it to be yummy and something "muggles" will enjoy. I look forward to seeing what comes up!

~Mickey

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Dark chocolate-covered fruit?
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    If you want to be discreet about providing a healthy choice, little individual bags of nuts, or nuts and dark chocolate, or nuts and dried fruit, would be good.

But you might as well just go for it, especially if someone else is bringing a bit of tasty crap to welcome them and establish good will.

With my HS students, if there's convenient-to-eat fresh fruit available, a good number of them will be thankful for that option and it won't go to waste. Among young people there are always a few trying to lose weight, a few watching that they eat healthily, a few athletes in training, a few with good habits or instincts, etc.

Kids will snarf pizza and candy, of course, but I don't think we give them enough credit for being able to make choices. They're almost always hungry, which overrides discretion--but if they have a decent option, there are a surprising number who take it.

Good for you for giving the option.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    From SoG:
    Primal Peach Patties
    Ingredients:
    1 cup dried peaches (the chewy kind… not freeze dried)
    1 cup roasted almonds
    1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 egg

Directions:
    1. Put peaches, almonds and coconut in a food processor. Pulse until nicely broken down.
    2. Drizzle in olive oil while pulsing mixture.
    3. In a mixing bowl, combine mixture with egg and mix thoroughly.
    4. Make 10 “patties” by rolling and pressing this “dough” with your hands and place on a baking sheet
    5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    coconut pound cake??

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Cheesecake. http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/02/time-for-cheesecake/ Or search this blog: http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/ for her cheesecake recipe.

Or try this honey nut creme fraiche: http://www.foodrenegade.com/easy-hon...aiche-dessert/

Or Diana's choc chip almond cookies: http://wildernesschilde.blogspot.com...on-part-2.html

visionteacher is offline Member
    Nice Bushrat, will have a look. I like the simple cut up fruit idea too... :-) Those peach patties I'll have to try on my own before I give to others just to taste test.

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    coconut milk and dark chocolate mixed and mealted togeather...sprinkle some cinnimon and other spices..over fruit..its a winner everytime! even some fancy cheese ontop.

almostGrok'd is offline Senior Member
    mince up some prunes or dates in a food processor. Add some vanillla extract.
    add some almond meal until REALLY sticky.
    Roll into balls then roll in dessicated coconut. Or dunk in melted dark chocolate.
    End up kinda like truffles... but fruity.
    Grok Balls!!

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    I really like making these for gatherings (with or without nuts):
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Cookies

I usually cut the honey in half and instead put 4 raisins on each cookie for sweetness.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast