Thread: HeavyHands Walking page

Cayenne is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I love HH Walking. One hour HH walks at sunrise the past 2 weeks have helped me with the base of the PB Fitness Pyramid.

Any forum members have experience and/or wisdom-insights about same ?

Wyatt is offline Junior Member

twa2w is offline Senior Member

What weight are you using?? and what pace/tempo? HH is an awesome workout - there is a group on Yahoo groups - not very active but within the last 30 posts or so there is a link some one put on that has all the segments of the original HH video done by Dr Schwartz, the HH originator. I copied these segments to my desktop and put them in Windows movie maker and now have the original video on DVD - I changed a few things around though. This is a great work out when the weather is crappy or you want to get a whole body aerobic work out. Its likely best if you vary the weights and the tempo from one work out to the next. Dr Schartz is 83 now I believe and about 6-7% body fat and can crank out a 1000 pushups a day and apparently did a set of about 40 chins. Awesome. Its chronic cardio in a way but not really as you can work a different way every time you do it.

Cheers

J

Cayenne is offline Junior Member

Hi J,

I have been alternating between 3,4 & 5lb HHs. I generally take it nice and easy, with little spurts of greater intensity, ie; greater tempo, different body positions, like "double ski poling," plus the occasional hills that pop up, etc.

I love the simplicity and something about the neurological feedback of pumping HHs while walking, all that contra-lateral brain-hemisphere stimulation, while seeing the sun rise in the quiet of dawn, just gives me a real feel-good buzz for the day.