Thread: Antiperspirant page

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member

Antiperspirant

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've searched the forums and know there's been a lot of discussion about deodorants. But I'm curious about anti-perspirants, without aluminum of course.

I'm using Tom's deodorant and my smell is, for the most part, nonexistent- which is saying a lot living in the Vegas heat. But my armpits sweat a lot and always have, even when the rest of me is chilly or cool. I'm not so worried about smell mitigation, I'm sick of having man-sized sweat rings. Anyone have a solution?
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

strom is offline Senior Member
    I don't think its healthy to stop sweat. Although shirts that wick moisture away, underarmour and golf shirts often dry really fast.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by say_rahhh View Post
    I'm sick of having man-sized sweat rings. Anyone have a solution?
    Botox

Or regular anti-perspirant. I use it as necessary in the summer but generally not year round.

There are plenty of other sweat glands that can still sweat so my level of concern is essentially nil regarding both the sweat blocking and aluminum issue since that is easy to mitigate with diet.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    Although shirts that wick moisture away, underarmour and golf shirts often dry really fast.
    Not really an option of you're a woman and want to dress at all fashionably.

My concern about anti-perspirant is the aluminum but, like cillakat, I think I'm just gonna have to use anti-perspirant judiciously and when it matters. Yesterday, for example, a cute white fitted tee was saved by a product 'strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.'
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    Honey, it is 105 degrees out there today. It's supposed to be worse tomorrow. Do what ya gotta do.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

Stay naked and drink margaritas?

DONE!
    ~Borges

Witch hazel. Keeps things dry. I dunno bout 105 degrees tho.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I just use a commercial antiperspirant.
    I've got way too many other things to worry about a little aluminum, and I hate pitting out my favorite shirts.
    SO, there ya go

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm drinking a glass of cold wine under my ceiling fan with the AC cranked up with a portable fan blowing straight on me. I'll leave the clothing, or lack there of, to your imagination.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller