Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 90

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good to see you back. Thanks for posting your wings recipe. I'm so going to make some, maybe even tomorrow. Would be nice to have some and make the folks at the new job jealous.
    Georgette

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I don't feel like posting a full log for the last couple days. Monday was good, yesterday I didn't eat much for lunch and had a good supper of chicken wings and some veggies with just a little bit of ranch. Had a couple of drinks, one before and one after supper, chillin' in the living room.

Today I had a great lunch. 6 pieces of thick bacon and a glass of unsweetened almond milk. I wasn't that hungry and it really hit the spot. I didn't bother blotting the fat off with paper towel, just scooped it into a plate and dug in. I had about a dime sized dab of HP sauce on the plate with it.

I also bought a couple of things yesterday - some creatine and a tub of protein powder. I won't use the protein every day, but if I ever get stuck without anything decent to eat it'll be nice to at least get some protein into my body instead of going too hungry or eating crap.

BeagleMan is offline Senior Member
    knock knock...anyone home?

Just checking in to see how the never-ending battle goes. I tend to check in on others when I'm on a roll myself...if I'm sucking...I stick my head in the sand.

Like I said via text this morning...as long as you are following your goal line...the ups and downs don't matter. KCCO

The smell of burning flesh hits my nostrils and jars me awake. I sit up and look around. I slowly realize that I had amnesia from an accident and I am 2 years into a zombie apocalypse. ďOh greatĒ, I say angrily.

I have spent the last 2 years living in a compound that had several whiskey, snack food, and processed food trucks in it, so it looks like Iíve been eating a ton. Iím a lot fatter than I remember. But now zombies have broken into the compound and lots of us are dead and all the food ran out. Now we are on the run and have to survive the next 30 days until reinforcements arrive. WILL I MAKE IT??

(at this point I would like to mention that if anyone is impressed with my imagination and obvious writing skills, I will supes freelance short stories for a nominal fee)

OK. Now that my extremely detailed and researched backstory is in place (jesus I lose my mind when Iím bored), let me lay out my ridiculous plan:

WalkingDead30

Ravaged world. No more processed foods. 18 month old MDA threads coming back from the dead. No sugar or pop to be found. The bakers are all zombies too, so there is no bread or cereal. Damn hard to find milk or cheese. Looks like Iíll have to live on meat from animals I (pretend to) kill and maybe eggs, uh, from the tame chickens that are just wandering around everywhere. There are also lots of nice pigs walking around all over the place too, so it looks like bacon will be plentiful!! Lucky me.

Ah shit, the bad guys have pretty much gone through all the alcohol around here, so thatís out. Somehow there are sweet gardens everywhere though, Iím guessing the owners are recently zombie-fied, so they will keep me in fresh vegetables for 30 days easily.

So it looks like I will have to survive 30 days with only:

• meat and eggs
    • vegetables
    • fruit
    • nuts & seeds if I can scrounge them up
    • water

Iíll have to forage for supplies. Probably go out every morning when I wake up, and every night before bed, should take a half hour each time. Weekends I will probably go on longer supply runs.

Iíll have to keep fit in case I have to fight a zombie, so Iíll do some kind of short exercise session daily. Pushups & pullups, plus squats & presses with this old kettlebell I found should do the trick. From the looks of this flabby gut here it wonít take much to get started. I donít remember how I got the gut, but I would guess probably from a daily routine of drinking too much, getting lazy, and then making bad food choices. Zero junk food, booze, pop, sugar, and grains for 30 days. Yikes.

Oh wait. Hey, I just found one last truck here with some processed food and alcohol in it. Looks like about 4 daysí worth. What a coincidence. That gives me a little time to prepare myself for the shit hitting the fan on Monday, September 1.

Bring it on, zombie motherf***ers!!

Dude, put the whisky down...and back away slowly from the keyboard.

you've hit your head one too many times Bane.

I'll help you fight off any zombies, since you'll be sluggish for a bit.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Lmao that's great!
    Welcome back
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Dude! Solid plan for zombie apocalypse. Looking forward to seeing progress pics (like the ones from a few years ago...). Bring on the hotness!

Otherwise, nice to see ya back. You can do this.

Thanks guys, good to be back. I'm hoping the regular posting during this will keep me on track like it has in the past.

As my Day 1 looms nearer, I'm giving this some more thought, and have come up with a few more evil plot twists to further punish myself for my sins of Sloth and Gluttony over the past year (+). Well, to be honest, I'm guilty of pretty much all of the 7 deadly sins with the exception of Pride. I won't go into details (yet), let's just say that I have not been in a good place for a long time. Anyway, I'm jumping right into the fire and hopefully I'm still alive in 30 days.

In addition to the above mentioned restrictions, I will also be doing the following:

Daily Cold Showers
    One of the shitty little habits I've picked up is I bathe twice a day. I know, I know, it's pathetic. I use it as an escape in a way - I lay in the tub in the mornings and play on my iPad or something, just relaxing and being a lazy little bastard. Then in the late evenings I almost always pour a stiff drink and hop in there to listen to music, read, or go online with the iPad. I used to love having a hot tub and don't have one now, so I used that as my reasoning. Truth is I'm in there hiding from "things" and laying around like a lazy asshole when I could be accomplishing something.

So. Baths are OUT. I will only have short, cold showers for the entire month of September. I may throttle the coldness a little, but even the warmest water I use will be cool enough that if my wife showered in it she'd immediately scream that the hot water is out. I will not feel warm water on my body at all in September. Not even to shave....

No Shaving
    This will help me with the whole "running for my life from zombies all day" schtick. I'm not going to have time to shave if in life or death circumstances. Plus that just seems like a good excuse to splash hot water on my face for pleasure. Forget it. There is no hot water when you're on the run.

No Coffee
    Two-fold reason for this one. I want to reset my caffeine tolerance, and also make this month a little harder for myself. I know that with the no junk food and no alcohol, my default coping mechanism would be to majorly increase the coffee drinking... so I'm putting an end to that before it begins. I will have some plain green tea during the month, but coffee is OUT.

NOBNOM
    I kind of missed the dates on this one, but I came across (heh) this the other day (surfing the net in my bathtub, of course). Sounds pretty hardcore. Of course I already have the alcohol thing planned, but hey, just to make my life even harder, I'll throw in the no self-loving too. Hey, what's one more shovel full of dirt on my September normal life coffin??

It'll be an interesting next 2 days. Part of me is dreading the month, and scared that I will just snap and not be able to handle it (cold turkey on the booze mostly) but another part of me can't wait for it to begin. I just feel like an absolute fucking failure for slipping back to where I am right now. Equal parts shame and embarrassment. I'm actually still surprised I even started posting here again. It's hard to kind of "make it" then come back here with my tail between my legs having to admit that I fell right back down off the ladder and I'm laying here looking at every single goddamned step that I took before, and they all have to be taken again. It is maddening.

Oh well. The past is the past. Time will move on and have its way with us as it always has and always will. The days will roll along before me, without a care as to whether or not I do anything about my past failures. I can either shuffle along in a depressed, drunk fog, remembering the old days, or I can grab life by the throat and make it my bitch.

Here's hoping September is the hardest, but most rewarding month I've had in a long time.
    Last edited by Bane; 08-30-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Oh man. I can see the Zombie hoard approaching... about 50 minutes from breaching the walls here, and my food truck is almost empty. I'm eating the last bits of food in here. Some chicken nuggets, jalapeŮo poppers, and zucchini sticks just coming out of the oven. Think I'll wash it down with a nice whiskey... oh my god the next month will be hell. What have I done. *gulp*
    Last edited by Bane; 08-31-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Zombies get you already Bane? HA!

I'm back in the land of cell service...and had to see if you have survived the first few hours of the month from hell.

Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast