Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 89

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Also, why is my plate at YOUR house filled with tasty goodness instead of at MY house filled with tasty goodness?

Apparently you have excellent taste.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Do they just have one bone down the middle, like mini-drumsticks?
    If you have a full wing (both sides - I like to use the proper technical terms flatty and drummy) then yes, the drummy has one bone. The flat half though has 2 thin bones like your forearm.

These 27 happened to be a package that had only flatties. You have to eat around it, then press the meat out from between the bones with a fingertip. Or sometimes it just pulls out, depends on how well they are cooked.

This was the best lunch I've had in a long time. When I stood up to go to the oven after the timer went off, my mouth watered so much I thought I blew a saliva valve or something. Pavlov's dog, big time.

Edit: No way, same plates? That must make the jealousy of seeing my lunch even harder to take. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    If you have a full wing (both sides - I like to use the proper technical terms flatty and drummy) then yes, the drummy has one bone. The flat half though has 2 thin bones like your forearm.

These 27 happened to be a package that had only flatties. You have to eat around it, then press the meat out from between the bones with a fingertip. Or sometimes it just pulls out, depends on how well they are cooked.

This was the best lunch I've had in a long time. When I stood up to go to the oven after the timer went off, my mouth watered so much I thought I blew a saliva valve or something. Pavlov's dog, big time.

Edit: No way, same plates? That must make the jealousy of seeing my lunch even harder to take. ha ha
    Yup, I bought them for my husband a while back for his birthday.

I wonder if I could just cook drumsticks like wings...I have 9 pounds of those!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I think my body is liking this new diet. I ate way more yesterday than I had the previous few days, and still dropped 1.4 pounds on the scale. Yeah I know the scale isn't everything, but it's interesting. I'm at 187.6 this morning after weighing in at 195 on Monday.

One big thing is the booze. I bet I've averaged 4-6 drinks a day for quite a while. I know, I know, that's brutal. A couple with supper, a couple after kids are in bed. Then another 1 or 2 on top of that some nights. That's 600 to 900 calories a day that my body has to metabolize before it starts working on all the shit food I have put in my gut that day. No wonder I gained all that weight.

Anyway, here's yesterday's food intake:

Thursday, March 7

Meal 1 (7am)
    • 3 eggs fried in butter, yolks only
    • 4 slices of bacon

Meal 2 (12pm)
    • 27 (!) goddamned chicken wings
    • hot sauce: 1/2 cup Frank's w/ 4 tbsp butter, salt, pepper, garlic

Meal 3 (5pm)
    • 3 pieces of meatloaf
    • 2 canned, seasoned tomatoes
    • 1/2 of a medium yam, boiled, w/ a big pat of butter
    • 2 cups of unsweetened chocolate almond milk

Snack (7pm)
    • 5 strawberries, 2 slices each cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple
    • 2 tbsp fresh made whipped cream

That day was more like it. I'm getting into a nice little groove already. I haven't been working out a lot, but I did take my dog out the other night for over an hour, and I've been doing shoveling and random physical things regularly. I'll slowly ramp it up.

Edit: forgot to list the dessert!
    Last edited by Bane; 03-08-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Another good day today. Planned on having a couple of drinks tonight but decided to avoid it for another night. Feels good to put a little streak together here.

Friday, March 8

Meal 1 (7am)
    • coffee with cream, 1 tsp sugar

Meal 2 (12pm)
    • Liquid Fat Bomb (damn this was good)

Meal 3 (7pm)
    • 3 pieces of hardly any dough pizza

Yeah, pizza. Got outvoted 3-1 on supper, and ended up making a couple of pizzas myself at home. So at least I know the toppings were were all good. Handmade crust too. Loaded with pepperoni, mozarella cheese, green peppers, banana peppers, feta cheese, pineapple, and tomatoes. I had a little crust but I mean a little... I scooted the toppings back to the edge of the crust and cut the bottom of the piece away, so I ended up with crust left that was about 1" wide x the width of the piece. Mostly just the crust plus a little extra. The whole dough was rolled flat, so it wasn't a big puffy crust at all either. I rolled the whole dough out nice and thin. Ended up with these 3 big triangles of dough to toss out. But what small amount I did eat was piled high with toppings! Friggin' delicious.

I bet this is the first time I've gone 5 days without a drink or a really bad meal/snack in 3 months. Feels great.
    Last edited by Bane; 03-09-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typos and shit

Saturday, March 9

Meal 1 (11am)
    • new, bold dark roast coffee with cream, 1 tsp sugar (effing heaven)
    • 4 slices of bacon
    • 2 eggs fried in butter

Meal 2 (6pm)
    • 1/2 an appetizer order of sweet potato fries
    • 2 fish tacos (not the GOOD kind, but still not bad)
    • 2 light beers (sooooooooooo good.)

Meal 3 (8pm)
    • 2 small handfuls of M&M's
    • 2 whiskey & diet cokes

Meal4 (10pm)
    • 1 piece of leftover hardly any dough pizza

Busy day. Kids got shuttled to in-laws, had evening free with my wife. Went out for a bite to eat then back home to watch Skyfall. Had a nice cheat (or 20% if you prefer) tonight, a couple of small fish tacos in soft shells and sweet potato fries. First drinks all week, which were a real nice treat.

I'll be back on track tomorrow, planning on going 100% until next Saturday when I'll likely repeat tonight's shenanigans. If this is as bad as it gets then I'm not doing so bad.

Oh, a picture of the hardly any dough pizza:

(everything east of the cut line gets tossed, obviously)

So yummy.

BTW, my husband said to ask if you have an extra plate, since we broke one of ours.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

We have a few, but my wife would kill me for giving you one. Between the kids and my butter fingers, we've broken about 4 already. We bought an extra box for replacements.

We need to, once it's in the budget. We bought 2 sets to begin with, but hubby actually likes to have people over and be social and all that crazy stuff.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Man, I know the scale lies, but after 5 straight days of drops (195 to 187.2 pounds) I've now had 2 straight spikes, from back up to 191.4. Holy shit. I had a big supper of salmon and some yams, and a couple of drinks with the gang after supper... I guess I'm due for a big drop here quick. Again, I don't sweat these things, I just think it's interesting to track. Draw a line between starting and goal weights on a big sheet of graph paper and see how the dots play out as I go along.

I'm going to drop the carbs a little this week and jack up my protein. I did really well back in the day shooting for a gram per pound of body weight. Not sure I'll get there, but I'm going to see what I can do, while cutting fruit and nuts out.
    Last edited by Bane; 03-12-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: crazy typos

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast