Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 88

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. Just makes a journal very boring.

BTW, you guys do realize that's not me, right? hahaha Gotta hand it to the guy, it's kind of a 300-esque ab job.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Wait...it's not you!!?

Don't forget to post a link in here if you start something else Bane or else we'll never find it - well I won't anyway, the only place I look in the forums is my subscribed list.

Good luck!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see you back man. I'm sure you'll get back into it in no time.

I didn't know there were beaches in Canada.

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Been back on my adventure for 2 weeks down 6 lbs.

Well this is pretty embarrassing. Somehow the calendar on my wall says March of 2013.... and the swim shorts I bought in Hawaii 2 years ago are hilariously small. Where the hell did 2 years go??

I recently had my Phoenix Theory moment and am just starting step 3. (give it a read, it's good) I'm firmly committed make a long term change and keeping a journal is going to help big time. I almost just started a new account here to journal with because I was kind of hesitant to come back and admit what I've been doing lately, but I decided to suck it up and just come back. It's pretty hard to admit how far off the rails I've gone. It's still mind boggling to me how I was able to keep with it for such a long time with not a whole lot of effort, and somehow here I am a couple years later 20 pounds fatter and a lot weaker. It's depressing. I won't go into every detail, and they'd just sound like whiny excuses anyway, but my personal life has been pretty trying for the past year and a half or so.

So anyway, so begins another Quest for Fire... a shameful, depressing, embarassing reintroduction to the place where I found it in the first place. *sigh*

I started the week at 195 pounds. Last Sunday was kind of a pig out day, so I think I was carbed up pretty good, because this morning (day 3) I weighted in at 190.

I've been to the gym a few times in the last couple weeks, and my strength is pretty down. I've been doing a couple sets of 15 pushups, and the most I can muster on a pullup bar is 5 reps. Even with rest my reps will go 5, 4, 3. So, so sad. I was at around 50 pushups and could do sets of 15 pullups consistently. I could bang out 5 pistols per side, not I can't even do one. I know it'll come back to me, but godDAMN do I feel like a putz.

OK. Food logs since Monday. I want to document this stuff so I can look back on it. I was going to kick ass with a Whole30, but I don't think I could handle it. I actually had it planned for Monday and still had it in sight until I got home for supper... my wife had spent the afternoon cooking and had a big pot of chili (that had kidney beans and a small amount of regular beans) and a casserole of Shepherd's Pie all ready to eat. There was no way I could say no to both of those meals without being kicked right in the stones, so self preservation kicked in and I decided to rock a very tight primal diet instead. I know beans aren't super primal, but the few that escaped my quick scoop to the side while wife isn't looking, eaten with lots of meat, isn't going to do that much damage.

I also think I'll be better off easing into this just a little bit. That was one big thing I did WAY BACK THE LAST TIME I WAS LAZY AND FAT and it played out well. Ramp up the exercise at an easy pace instead of walking right into a crazy routine, cut out sugar and grains immediately, but ramp up the level of attention to detail slowly over a short time. That's the idea, anyway, let's see how it works this time around I guess.

Monday, March 4

Meal 1 (12pm)
    • 2 eggs fried in coconut oil

Meal 2 (6pm)
    • 1/2 bowl of chili
    • 1 piece of Shepherd's Pie (thin layer of potato on top)
    • handful of raw veggies with a bit of ranch

Snack (9pm)
    • 2 small oranges
    • 1 piece of Shepherd's Pie

I really needed to eat more earlier in the day, but my schedule was crazy and I only had 15 minutes to prepare and eat... with nothing ready to go, I tossed some eggs in a pan and had to settle for that.

Tuesday, March 5

Meal 1 (6pm)
    • 1/2 chicken breast
    • handful of raw veggies with a bit of ranch
    • 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of rice
    • tsp of thai sauce, teriyaki

Snack (9pm)
    • small tin of oysters
    • the toppings from 3 small slices of pizza
    • 1 tbsp peanut butter

Those snack ingredients weren't eaten at the same time. I also know the pizza toppings are yuck. It wasn't much though, probably 4-5 bites. Fed the crusts to the garbage disposal.

I know, my food intake volume is pathetic. I had plans to go home for lunch yesterday but I ended up having to stay at work, so I didn't eat until supper time. Then we only had a small amount of food prepared and the kids were really hungry, so dad got left with half a chicken breast for protein. Jesus.

Sadly, these are actually good days for me. I didn't have any nachos or beer/whiskey, which is remarkable. Also zero sugar or diet pop, which is a big step up also. I'm going to post exactly what I eat though, good or not. I'm going to be hitting the store tonight to stock up big time on eggs, bacon, wings, and ground beef. This business of getting hungry and not having anything good to eat is so stupid. I went home for lunch today and went to the fridge to crack open that extra dozen eggs... only to find out that was a figment of my imagination. So after 2 days of eating sweet shit all, I'm fasting until supper again. I'm going to buy so much damn food today and divvy it up in baggies, and stock my freezer well. This can't keep happening.

It's a good start for me. Look for my food quantity and quality to improve greatly over the next week or so as I slide back into old ways.

So anyway, that's enough for my first post back in a while. That's enough admitting what a loser I am for one day. Don't mind me, I'll be the guy sitting in the corner of the forums trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

Today's food intake:

Meal 1 (5pm)
    • salad w/ salsa, sour cream, bit of ranch, veggies, cheddar & avocado
    • big-ass bowl of chili w/ cheddar

The salad was awesome, and the chili sure hit the spot. I filled the bowl enough that I was stuffed after and had to hit the couch for 15.

I passed on the tortilla chips tonight and held off on having a drink. I told myself one or two would be ok in the evenings, but I'm shooting for more nights without if I can help it.

Oh and I'm not logging coffees, I'm having them black and have been keeping to 2 cups per day.

Shopping went well, I'm looking forward to bacon and eggs for breakfast and a big Liquid Fat Bomb for lunch tomorrow.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see you back. You know what works for you, I look forward to seeing your progress once again.

Thanks! I'm still in the honeymoon phase here but it's nice to feel good and still energized on day 4 here. Yes, I know how stupid that sounds. But compared to my last several months, going 3 full days without junk food or booze is an accomplishment. Baby steps.

I wanted to make today a little easier on myself cravings-wise, and I know my body needs a higher calorie day, so I made bacon and eggs for the family this morning. I had 4 slices of bacon and 3 eggs (just the yolks). I fried the eggs until the yolks were nice and soft, and dipped the bacon in them, then scraped the leftover yolk out of there and ate them. I don't always scrap the whites, just usually when I'm having bacon with them. It's a good way for me to eat eggs without wanting ketchup or something on them. It's funny, this is the exact opposite of what I'd do years ago - eat only the whites and have them with whole grain toast or oatmeal. Crazy.

Anyway, breakfast was awesome. I need to start having it a little more often.

Quick lunch of 27 wings.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    *drool*

Silly question time.

I've never had wings. Do they just have one bone down the middle, like mini-drumsticks?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast