Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 87

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    My wife has used the tapping technique on me to curb a few behaviors in the past... didn't know it had a name though.

I could toss it... but I don't want to get all food nazi on the whole family. I'm just doing my thing for a while and slowly cleaning "them" up.
    Haha she was being constructive and progressive the whole time!

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Man I am on 4th day of Whole 30 I it's going ok just don't feel a lot different. When did you see body composition start changing? I do have more energy but I really miss, like you did, cream in my coffee. Argh!!! What did you eat all the time for 'go to' meals?

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I probably started noticing a difference about 2.5 weeks into the 30 days. By the time week 4 started I knew I was changing. The last few days I couldn't believe the difference.

Go to meals were the 1 pound ground beef lunches (with rotating supporting cast of tomatoes or tomato sauce, banana peppers, green peppers, etc), the 2 dozen chicken wing supper, and the big bacon and eggs meals. I usually had a piece of fruit while watching TV in bed too, which is weird, because according to some people apples make you fat.

A nice sweet and awesome snack is cubed, boiled yams dried and fried in coconut oil. HEAVEN.

Lots of meat & eggs, some veggies, some fruit, and lots of black coffee and green tea. That's about it, brah.

Abs are starting to pop back in.

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Hilarious!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Snort

BTW in case anyone is wondering... I'm rocking 80% lately. A couple drinks in the evenings, all meals are good except 1-2 days a week where 1 might be only so-so. Weight is a little lower (a few pounds) and things are basically good.

I've just been really busy lately and not having a bunch of time to post daily meal plans, etc. To be honest I think I'm at the point where I don't benefit a lot from doing that. For the time being I'll be keeping updates to once or twice weekly, mainly if something interesting or cool happens to me. If I do this daily everything will be boring and repetitive. I'll just keep a mental log of things that happen during a week and post shit on the weekend.

I've been reacquainting myself with chicken wings this week. Oh man I love me some chicken wings. We have a new oven, and using the convection roast on this bad boy has cut my cooking time to 40 minutes at 350F for a batch. LOVE IT.

Still keeping things decent. The odd sinful food, 80% seems to be the order of the day here. Nothing interesting to post here this past week, other than a visit with the pup on the weekend. Now 4 weeks old and getting pretty active. Cute as hell too, the little bugger.

Food has been pretty predictable - medium sized meat based lunches, big meat based suppers, random fruit snacks, a few drinks here and there. Nothing worthy of daily updates. Just ok.

*yawn*

I need to do something drastic so I'll feel compelled to post in here more often.

This journal has flatlined. Ten more days without an event worthy of a post has made me realize this. Progress has been slow and steady. I am happy with how the year has gone so far. I still think the time has come to close this journal out.

It served its purpose, helped me achieve some good things, but now it feels like I'm treading water with this thing.

I have some ideas for later this year. If I feel like documenting a weight cut in the summer or something along those lines, I think I will be better off starting a new journal. This is starting to feel like clinging to past successes instead of moving forward.

I guess I found the fire. If I start turning the fire into a flamethrower or a laser I'll start a new discussion. The quest was great but all good things must come to an end.

Cheers, everyone.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    That's how it's supposed to be - just....healthy life. Good on ya man. Love the abs pic.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast