Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 86

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Bane, it's good to see you back! Thanks for the pics on the previous page - it's always good to see your front too.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jedward2 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the whole30 for someone who has come to a big ass plateau or should I say cliff? I do my 80/20 most of the time and workout 3 days a week but I want to be cut so is this what I need to do? If I can keep my bacon and coffee I'm good. Don't F with the bacon. Glad to see you back on. BTW my holidays got worse and worse like yours since I just kept saying 'Oh in January I will begin the fire and burn this fat off my body damnit' which made it harder January 1 to pop in my Insanity workout!
    That's why I went on it last year, just a kick in the ass to change things up and burn through a stagnant period. It's a real mental challenge too though. You don't realize how many weekends there are in a month until you try to go 30 days without a beer or a taste of sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hey Bane, it's good to see you back! Thanks for the pics on the previous page - it's always good to see your front too.
    Thanks, good to see you back here too! I'll try to get back into that shape so I can post another shot or two for ya.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Good to see you back Bane
    You've been an inspiration to many of us and gave me some words of encouragement many moons ago.
    Shit happens mate, but you just get up, dust yourself off and start again (as you are).
    You've done it before and you'll be back there again in no time
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thanks, man! I appreciate the nudge.

I didn't keep track of food on the weekend, but it was a good 80% deal. So-so foods were yam fries and a bowl of clam chowder on Saturday night, and a little popcorn on Sunday. I had a couple glasses of red wine on Friday and a couple last night. At least the clam chowder was packed with clam, shrimp, veggies, potatoes, and a bunch of other stuff. It was like 2 bowls worth of ingredients in one bowl. Awesome.

Long story short with the dog thing - breeder #1 with pups available immediately didn't work out. Out of 9 pups, 7 were spoken for and awesome little pups - bright, energetic, happy dogs. The 2 remaining ones - one would stand there and not move a muscle. Wouldn't warm up to us at all. Put her back in with her brothers and sisters, they'd just sit there like they were petrified. The other one had half-way as bad a temperament, plus this quarter sized open sore on the top of her head that she said was a little nick from something... and that it didn't feel like a tumor to her, but if our vet thought he should cut into it while she was out getting spayed, to scrape some scar tissue out, stitch it back, etc, she'd reimburse me. Uhh... no thanks.

Appt with breeder #2 was a complete 180 from the earlier experience. AWESOME mom and dad, small litter of 3, and we put a deposit down on a black male with a little bit of white on his chest. Gnarly little dude. He's named Otis, but that's not going to stay - wife and kids have other ideas. I wanted to name it Seven (think Seinfeld) or Dude. Those have both been vetoed by the family. Molson was also quickly quashed.

Oh well, 6 weeks to figure that out.

Man. Worry is sinking in. I should be able to rock this whole month out no problem. It's day 9 and I'm absolutely DYING to go into the pantry and rock that bag of rippled chips and some chip dip. Or the little frozen pizzas in the freezer. Ugh.

Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Don't do it!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    oh and yay on the puppy

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Man. Worry is sinking in. I should be able to rock this whole month out no problem. It's day 9 and I'm absolutely DYING to go into the pantry and rock that bag of rippled chips and some chip dip. Or the little frozen pizzas in the freezer. Ugh.

Have you ever read about EFT? or the "tapping" technique? I haven't, but I find that slapping myself in the face repeatedly helps curb cravings. Hopefully in the future I'll learn to associate pain with shitty foods and avoid them altogether.

What? it's not weird, you're weird!

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post

Wouldn't it be easier to just throw that shit out so it's not sitting int he pantry constantly taunting you? Just sayin...
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My wife has used the tapping technique on me to curb a few behaviors in the past... didn't know it had a name though.

I could toss it... but I don't want to get all food nazi on the whole family. I'm just doing my thing for a while and slowly cleaning "them" up.

Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast