Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 80

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey Bane, good to see you!

Glad to see you've been fattening up in the Summer, readying yourself for the lean times ahead. Now that's primal!

Good luck with your Whole 30, you'll crush it.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back dude! You missed out on all kinds of stupidity on this forum this summer (seriously, you didn't miss much) - How's the exercise coming? You still doing your random bw stuff?
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hey Bane, good to see you!

Glad to see you've been fattening up in the Summer, readying yourself for the lean times ahead. Now that's primal!

Good luck with your Whole 30, you'll crush it.
    Good to see you too. I hadn't thought about it like that, but I guess you're right... my body was just instinctively doing what it knows best. Now I don't feel so bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Welcome back dude! You missed out on all kinds of stupidity on this forum this summer (seriously, you didn't miss much) - How's the exercise coming? You still doing your random bw stuff?
    I stayed kind of active, but not by doing any specific exercises. Been doing work on the new place, and I bought a new mountain bike that I rode to work a couple days a week. I did do the move pretty much by myself, except the 2.5 hours I hired a couple guys to help me get the huge, heavy stuff out of the old house and into the new. I wasn't going to cave in my newly painted walls to get a workout.

I am definitely looking forward to getting back on the pullup/pushup/pistol bandwagon to kick start the fitness level.

OK, day 1 is done, food-wise.

I was still so stuffed and sluggish from my last 2 days of pigging out that I skipped breakfast, then when I got really busy just before noon and lunch was going to be a challenge, I decided to not bother. I wasn't hungry at all.

Supper was good, my wife brought home some steaks and made up a greek salad. We baked a few fries for the kids. So I had a whole bunch of beautiful, beautiful steak, some peas, red peppers, and a fair bit of greek salad minus the feta.

I had a few black coffees and some water spread out over the day. Feeling pretty good, but then again it hasn't even been one day.

I also weighed myself today - 180 pounds. I won't be stepping on the scale again until October.

Heading out in a bit for a walk, then we'll get back at 'er tomorrow.

Well, I thought I was done last night. I ended up eating 6 slices of bacon, dipped in soft boiled egg yolk for a snack after putting the kids to bed. Then I had a cup of meat sauce we had made a couple days ago. I guess I just time shifted my 3 meals.

Oh well, I'm going to eat when I'm hungry. Feeling good today. I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, but in my new way...

Caveman Burrito

Take a 5-6 slice slab of bacon out of the pack, lay on a cutting board, and cut it into about 1" chunks. Fry this in leftover bacon fat until just crispy. Also start a pot of water boiling.

Crack 2-3 eggs (or 2 eggs and 1 yolk like me) into a baggie. Add the crispy bacon. Add in some cream (I skipped this - Whole30). Smoosh it all around with your hands until mixed. Drop the baggie into the boiling water for 10 minutes. When it comes out it'll be shaped like a little burrito. Douse in Frank's Hot Sauce (optional) and chow down.

If you have some bacon pre-cooked and have a pot of water already sitting on the stove when you go to bed, it makes for a pretty fast and easy breakfast!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    That sounds amazing.

Looks like things are going well. Good stuff.

Yep, no problems so far.

Cooked a smallish steak for lunch, then for supper had some chicken soup using a whole chicken, veggies, and of course no noodles. Snack later was 10 chicken wings with Frank's Hot Sauce. Dessert after supper was about 1/4 of a cantaloupe and a few grapes.

I had the same breakfast again today, 3 eggs and about 6 slices of bacon in the burrito deal, with some red peppers.

Still have only had either black coffee or water to drink. I did buy some almond milk though as a treat. (sad when unsweetened almond milk is your "treat") :lol:

OK, I'm going to go back to this method of putting food in so it's easy to look back on. I'm also not counting calories or weighing anything, but I want to be able to look back and have an idea of what I ate.

Meal 1 (9am)
    • 3 eggs
    • 6 slices of bacon
    • a few slices of red bell pepper
    • black coffee

Meal 2 (2 pm)
    • 2 hamburger patties
    • sliced tomato, lettuce
    • black coffee

Meal 3 (7pm)
    • chicken wings
    • Frank's Hot Sauce
    • a couple handfuls of raw veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, peas
    • glass of unsweetened almond milk

Feeling ok so far. Bit of a headache yesterday morning and today a little, but really nothing too bad at all. I was a little tired today even though I had a full 9 hours of sleep last night, and almost the same the night before. Maybe it'll take a while longer to get over the shock of instantly cutting a massive supply of grains, sugar, alcohol, and dairy down to zero. My body is still kind of in "dude, WTF?!" mode.

Willpower deadlift of the day: sitting there while my family had either DQ ice cream cones or Orange Julius drinks. I tried to convince myself those things were gross, but of course that's impossible. Powered through it though.

Sunday Sept 4

Meal 1 (2pm)
    • a few slices of turkey
    • 1/2 a banana
    • handful of strawberries and raspberries

Meal 2 (79m)
    • about a dozen meatballs w/ tomato sauce
    • salad w/ olive oil and red wine vinegar

Meal 3 (10pm)
    • 6 meatballs w/ tomato sauce
    • a few big pieces of beef jerkey
    • handful of grapes
    • glass of almond milk

I bought some club soda and have been drinking it with lime slices and ice. Feeling good, but HUNGRY. The 10pm meal wasn't planned but I was starving.

So far today:

Meal 1 (1pm)
    • 1 pound of bacon
    • 6 meatballs with tomato sauce

Yeah. A pound of bacon. I laid the whole slab on a cutting board, cut into 1 inch strips, and fried it up. I had put it into a baggie and was going to use it for eggs over the next couple of days, but I started munching on it while watching Breaking Bad (killer episode this week!!) and before I knew it the whole damn pound was gone. Whoops.

Just about to fire up some chicken breasts and yams for supper.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Nice start man. I'm also cleaning up my eats but not going hardcore like you are. It's good knowing somebody else out there is doing it too. I need to get rid of this fucking fanny pack.

Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast