Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 78

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Damn, tfarny!! I better get on the monkey brains, stat.

I have evolved a better way of eating bacon. I fry it a little less crispy, then while scooping it out of the pan with a fork, I lay it down on my plate so that it's folded in half. I skip the paper towel and don't worry about dripping all the fat off of it. It cools a little and holds the folded position, making it so much easier to eat it in one bite per piece. It's also better for scooping guac.

I'm developing quit a love for bacon fat. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

strom is offline Senior Member
    You sounded depressed in march? are you over that? achieved balance between diet and life?

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaane

Alright, that was your 'welcome back' name call. Now share what you do with your bacon fat!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back brother! Long time-no post.

How the hell are ya??

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    tfarny and iniQuity, you guys always make me laugh. And Bane! You're alive! Yay, etc.!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    You sounded depressed in march? are you over that? achieved balance between diet and life?
    Let's just say it's a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaane

Alright, that was your 'welcome back' name call. Now share what you do with your bacon fat!
    Not anything really new, just that I'm not wasting it anymore by sopping it up with paper towels. I also add a bit here and there to ground beef when I cook it up. Good stuff, man.

I keep a mug of it by the stove, and usually spoon a bunch in the pan to fry new bacon in. Cooks so much nicer that way. I used to keep it in the fridge, but it gets so hard to scoop out, and I haven't gotten sick yet.... *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Welcome back brother! Long time-no post.

How the hell are ya??
    Thanks! Things are going pretty well. I've been really busy lately. Building a new house and that has all kinds of headaches attached to it. Can't complain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    tfarny and iniQuity, you guys always make me laugh. And Bane! You're alive! Yay, etc.!
    For now, yep. heh

Already with the lack of updates. Yikes

Well, workouts have been sparse this week, doing random pushups and pullups here and there. Food has been good but erratic. I've kept away from all the bad guys - wheat, sugar, legumes, etc. Not drinking much. Had a couple of 4500 calorie days while keeping carbs down, then yesterday I ate maybe 900 calories or so. I got busy at lunch and skipped it, so supper was my first meal. We had meat sauce and spaghetti, so I just had about half the meat sauce (1/2lb beef) and half a chicken breast, along with maybe 8 florets of brocolli/cauliflower.

After supper I went to watch my girls play soccer and had a handful of sunflower seeds while I was there. Came home and didn't feel hungry at all, which is really weird, so I just went to bed. Lowest calorie day in ages, but I guess I was eating so much earlier in the week that I just didn't need it yesterday. Hmm.

I've got tons bacon and wings in the freezer... thinking of going insane tonight. heh

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    So did you have a Bane and Frank Chickengasmic Chickenfest?

See, reading about your very high and then very low calorie days makes me wonder if I'm necessarily on the proper track when I try to restrict calories to a particular level on a daily basis. I'm sure some people's appetites work it out like yours does, with super-high days and then super-low, and the average is what really matters. But you're in a totally different place in terms of fitness level and workout level, too.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

I'm officially done with chicken wings for a while. I've eaten so many in the past week. I still love 'em, don't get me wrong... but I think I need to mix things up a bit.

As for calories, yeah I really don't count them at all any more. I usually eat twice a day until I'm full, but once in a while it's once or four times. I figure it's going to average out over the course of a week, and from reading Mark's weekly meal logs in the past it looks like he does the same thing.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quick update.*

I had a good week. Ate very well, kept the booze intake right down.*

Currently sitting on the throne for the fourth time today, wondering if last night's full pizza carb re-feed with accompanying beers was worth it. It wasn't a planned re-feed exactly, but calling it that helps a tiny bit.

I'm actually hoping one of these next pinched loafs makes a splash big enough to put this ring of fire out. Anal flambé. Big time.*

TMI? You betcha. Heh.*

Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast